antovolk

THE LION KING | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-jon-favreau-the-lion-king/

We can officially confirm that The Walt Disney Studios and director Jon Favreau are putting a new reimagining of The Lion King on the fast track to production. The project follows the technologically groundbreaking smash hit The Jungle Book, directed by Favreau, which debuted in April and has earned $965.8 million worldwide. 

The Lion King builds on Disney’s success of reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience with films like Maleficent, Cinderella, and The Jungle Book. The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017. Like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King will include songs from the animated film. Disney and Favreau are also in development on a sequel to The Jungle Book. No release date has been announced for either film. 

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

How is this live action? How CAN it be live action.

Course why do we need a live action version of the Lion King? What's wrong with an animated one that we need to see a 99% animated one that'll make it better.

• Like 2

Yeah Jon Farveau tweeted about it and posted it on facebook. I'm very skeptical about this but I guess with the huge success of The Jungle Book it was inevitable. Would it remain a musical. The musical scenes in the Junge Book were the ones that worked the least. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

How is this live action? How CAN it be live action.

Course why do we need a live action version of the Lion King? What's wrong with an animated one that we need to see a 99% animated one that'll make it better.

Because it's gonna make a fuckload of $$$

• Like 2

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

Why was there a live action Jungle Book, a live action Cinderella, and a soon to be released live action Beauty and the Beast?

I question their existence as well, and having refused to watch any of them, I stand by that assertion. It's a weird thing needing to see a "live action" version of a story that's perfectly good in animated form. (For that matter, we don't need a live action Ghost in the Shell, either)

• Like 2

The funny thing is, Jungle Book and Cinderella have all been great. 

And considering, Jon directed Jungle Book and will be doing this, it's possible this could be just as good.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 3

It's just weird. I LOVE the songs in Lion King but I don't know how awkward it will e to see life looking animals sing....King Louie was was weird enough 

Eh...they may be great, but sets an odd and troubling trend for me. It fosters the idea that a film NEEDS to be live action. The idea that animation isn't a good enough medium for these stories to be told, so we NEED to see live action versions of them.

Of course, what is the point of a "live action" Lion King, especially when the only thing live action will be sets?

• Like 4

What. The. Fuck.

The idea of doing this movie is just downright insulting. Sure, it can be done well, but the conceit is just a slap in the face.

• Like 4

Like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King will include songs from the animated film.

And if they're anything like the ''songs'' in the Jungle Book, you can KEEP IT!

If there was a movie that was my absolute favorite growing up, a movie that, cliche as it sounds, changed my life, a movie that I actually cherish, it was The Lion King. Hands down. No other "classic" comes close. It was my life.

Please don't fuck up my life.

• Like 3

OMFG CAN SOMEONE MAKE THEM STOP RUINING MY CHILDHOOD??????????????????????????????

:ohmyzod::ohmyzod:

Spoiler

:redcapes:

Who cares? Wasn't the new Jungle Book better than the animated one? Why can't this follow the same path? People, you freak out over nothing. You should have known and prepared yourself for this since Jungle Book came out.

If you're so insulted over a silly talking animals movie being made just don't watch it. I'd also recommend you to find better things to be insulted about, but hey, it's your life.

And yeah, I'm also curious to see how this one will be officially referred to if there are no actual live characters lol. Say, for the purpose of awards, is this an animation or live-action? Should be interesting to see what they do with it.