Jump to content
antovolk

THE LION KING | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Looking at the TV spot, I hate all the shots that 100% copy the compositions of the original. Really feels like watching a videogame adaptation. 

 

The Shay never cared to watch "the original". Some dated basic kids story with talking zoo-life.

 

So I can fully enjoy the cutting edge spectacle now.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

TA8qQwq.jpg

 

The one and only James Earl Jones is back to reprise his voice role, lending his dulcet tones to Mufasa all over again, 25 years later.

“I see it as carrying the legacy across,” Favreau tells Empire in the upcoming new issue of bringing the legendary voice back. “Just hearing him say the lines is really moving and surreal.” And if Jones’ performance had gravitas all that time ago, it’s only increased several decades later. “The timbre of his voice has changed,” Favreau notes. “That served the role well because he sounds like a king who’s ruled for a long time.”

 

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/lion-king-jon-favreau-james-earl-jones-return-exclusive-image/

 

 

Edited by Royce
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Just Can’t Wait To Be King snippet and it sounds really good.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Royce said:

TA8qQwq.jpg

 

The one and only James Earl Jones is back to reprise his voice role, lending his dulcet tones to Mufasa all over again, 25 years later.

“I see it as carrying the legacy across,” Favreau tells Empire in the upcoming new issue of bringing the legendary voice back. “Just hearing him say the lines is really moving and surreal.” And if Jones’ performance had gravitas all that time ago, it’s only increased several decades later. “The timbre of his voice has changed,” Favreau notes. “That served the role well because he sounds like a king who’s ruled for a long time.”

 

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/lion-king-jon-favreau-james-earl-jones-return-exclusive-image/

 

 

 

James Earl Jones returning is the only thing that I am looking forward to in this movie, so I'm very glad he said yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Royce said:

TA8qQwq.jpg

 

The one and only James Earl Jones is back to reprise his voice role, lending his dulcet tones to Mufasa all over again, 25 years later.

“I see it as carrying the legacy across,” Favreau tells Empire in the upcoming new issue of bringing the legendary voice back. “Just hearing him say the lines is really moving and surreal.” And if Jones’ performance had gravitas all that time ago, it’s only increased several decades later. “The timbre of his voice has changed,” Favreau notes. “That served the role well because he sounds like a king who’s ruled for a long time.”

 

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/lion-king-jon-favreau-james-earl-jones-return-exclusive-image/

 

 

That environment looks real. Wow. It doesn't look CGI.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So wait , I didn't follow the animation/film debate.

 

Will the movie be able to compete for best VFX ?

Because these are the most stunning photo real CGI ever seen, pushing even more the enveloppe of Jungle Book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Will the movie be able to compete for best VFX ?

Most likely.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So wait , I didn't follow the animation/film debate.

 

Will the movie be able to compete for best VFX ?

Because these are the most stunning photo real CGI ever seen, pushing even more the enveloppe of Jungle Book.

Very likely. I think this will be the frontrunner for Best VFX in Oscars 2020. The Jungle Book won Oscars Best VFX in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then Again, Ad Astra is the frontrunner in the VFX category after that revolutionnary trailer ...

If First man can do it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UserHN said:

That environment looks real. Wow. It doesn't look CGI.

From what I've heard from another article, there's a single shot in the movie that's lIve-action, and the director threw it in there to see if audiences could tell what was real and what was CGI.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://deadline.com/2019/06/the-lion-king-china-release-date-disney-blackout-1202632659/

 

Quote

EXCLUSIVE: Disney’s The Lion King is being tipped for a July 12 China release, one full week before the film’s domestic debut, multiple sources tell me.

 

Getting a jump in China is not unprecedented — Universal’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom did it last June, albeit in step with other offshore launches. What would be particular about Lion King is going to the Middle Kingdom smack in the middle of what typically is a blackout period. What’s more, this would be the only market to get it so early. There has been no official announcement as to the China release plan.

 

The Jon Favreau-helmed CGI/live-action adventure is expected to be a massive global box office player this summer and its potential inclusion in China’s July provides insight into the current state of flux in the market and questions of U.S/Middle Kingdom relations amid Donald Trump’s trade war.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well holy fuck. Is China giving up on blackouts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look so lifeless I hope it is better in final cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

They look so lifeless I hope it is better in final cut. 

you do know that all  the scenes that we have see so far, the animals dont talk at all right ? , they used tha same formula with jungle book and the animals were fantastic, i dont see why this will be different, also dont expect to see human expressions, 

Edited by john2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, john2000 said:

you do know that all  the scenes that we have see so far, the animals dont talk at all right ? , they used tha same formula with jungle book and the animals were fantastic, i dont see why this will be different, also dont expect to see human expressions, 

I saw the clip with Timon and Pumba talking and Beyonce doing voice over at start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hydrogen said:

I saw the clip with Timon and Pumba talking and Beyonce doing voice over at start. 

yeah but that was like 2 sec, and the focus wasnt on them, except a quick shot,however at the same time if you see the tv spot where simba plays with mufasa, the animals does show emotion,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

you do know that all  the scenes that we have see so far, the animals dont talk at all right ?

???

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

yeah but that was like 2 sec, and the focus wasnt on them, except a quick shot,however at the same time if you see the tv spot where simba plays with mufasa, the animals does show emotion,

Wait so we did see them talk or not? I don't understand. 😫

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hydrogen said:

???

Wait so we did see them talk or not? I don't understand. 😫

 

my bad yeah we have see them talk and in some tv spots the animals does show emotion, however my point was that we have a very small smaple size to judge

Edited by john2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.