antovolk

THE LION KING | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Posted (edited)

I know social media isn't an amazing indicator of future sales, but consider this....

The Toy Story 4 ticket announcement video on FB currently has 13k reaction and 2.3k shares. It came out 25 days ago.
The TLK ticket announcement video is at 25k reactions and 8k shares after 11 hours

Walt Disney Studios IG Account

The TS4 ticket announcement video has 124k views and 167 comments. It came out 25 days ago.

The Aladdin ticket announcement video has 213k views and 362 comments. It came out 53 days ago.

The Avengers: Endgame ticket announcement video has 301k views and 1015 comments. It came out 83 days ago.
The TLK ticket announcement video has 982k views and 4150 comments. It's been 11 hours.

Edited by VenomXXR
Updated TLK totals.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 5

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I didn't think TLK seems that impressive based on trailers / TV spots, i don't get all the "soulless" complains, but it does seems a little cheap.

It's a copy of an existing movie--that's what makes it as well as Disney soulless.

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

But last night i went to see TS4 [which is great btw] and they show TLK trailer in 3D and i must say... seems like another movie on theater screen, it's magnificent and so well done, for people who are judging based on 30 seconds spots on their computers, i think they'll be surprised.

I'm surprised that anyone is interested in this at all.  People are full of surprises, alright.

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Melvin Frohike said:

It's a copy of an existing movie--that's what makes it as well as Disney soulless.

I'm surprised that anyone is interested in this at all.  People are full of surprises, alright.

I guess you haven't been to a theater that showed the TLK trailer in front of so many moviegoers? You'll be surprised at the amount of people who are in awe of the photorealistic CG animals and surroundings.

I can't wait for this movie to open huge and make a shit ton of money so I can see a lot of BOT go into a deep depressed funk and claim how cinema is dead even though most of them go see the movie contributing to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I can't wait for this movie to open huge and make a shit ton of money so I can see a lot of BOT go into a deep depressed funk and claim how cinema is dead even though most of them go see the movie contributing to it.

"Cinema is dead" - People who hope Marvel Movie Part 22 replaces an original to become the highest grossing film of all time.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Melvin Frohike said:

While I myself don’t have any interest in this, I can’t say it’s surprising that people are excited for it. The BatB remake made $1.2 billion, and TLK has always been a juggernaut of animated films. Combine that with the casting of Beyoncé and the photorealistic CGI, and this is the kind of movie that practically sweats money. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Posted (edited)

I'm excited for it because Lion King IS my favorite movie of all time and because I've want to see a lot of the big scenes from the original in "live action/VR/CGI"

Also, speaking of Beauty and the Beast remake, it was the last movie my grandmother wanted to see before she passed away. 

Spoiler

She got to see it and enjoyed it.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 8

I don't understand this soulless argument, what's soulless here? Just cause it's a remake? It's laughable really.

Who cares if something is remake or whatever as long as it's good, isn't that why we go to cinemas? To watch good movies, to have a good time?

Case study TJB, I'm sure it was supposed to be a soulless cashgrab too yet it was much better than original. Yeah it's surprising lol. Still kinda bummed that it couldn't get that 30 million for that 1 billion mark, it deserved it.

3 hours ago, Melvin Frohike said:

Moveover grandpa. We gotta relive our childhoods. Go out and walk the dog or something

3 hours ago, Melvin Frohike said:

Y'all ever see a take so bad you get tired? Cuz I think I just did.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

"Cinema is dead" - People who hope Marvel Movie Part 22 replaces an original to become the highest grossing film of all time.

So people preferring a sequel to an original is anti cinema?

13 minutes ago, Menor said:

So people preferring a sequel to an original is anti cinema?

Preferring a sequel to an original while also lamenting the lack of originality in Hollywood is pretty silly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Preferring a sequel to an original while also lamenting the lack of originality in Hollywood is pretty silly.

Ah, agreed.

5 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

Not on this thread. Most "Cinema enthusiast" on this forum are anti-disney.

Also, I feel like due to TJB, people are taking this movie for granted. Even with all the CGI movies, live action of TLK is nuts and awesome. This is not like BatB, this is huge amount of work.

7 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

It's been 25 years since the first movie came out and I still don't see what the fuss is about.

Well you could make a strong argument it's the movie that ignited the passion of an entire generation of filmlovers/filmmakers for starters...

God I can't wait to hear the whole theater singing I can't wait to be king by JD McCrary. Little guy has an amazing voice. Also do we know who's doing the opening number.

15 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

God I can't wait to hear the whole theater singing I can't wait to be king by JD McCrary. Little guy has an amazing voice. Also do we know who's doing the opening number.

The version used in the teaser trailer sounds Lebo M.

8 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

Never hoped for this.  Been actively rooting against it and will be actively rooting against The Lion King’s success.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 5

Tickets came out here 40 minutes ago. Got a 3 P.M screening on the 17th.

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well you could make a strong argument it's the movie that ignited the passion of an entire generation of filmlovers/filmmakers for starters...

Yes, it's a fairy tale.