antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | 3rd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

8 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Sorry about the loss of your father. Mine passed away 4 weeks ago, it hurt like hell and you have my sympathies. I had a mystical experience in my sleep the night he died (he “visited me” and told me he was doing well and not to worry) and it timed up exactly with his time of death... phew.... that gave me some closure but there’s a hole in my heart now and not being able to banter with him is what I miss most. I know I’ll “appreciate” the experience more over time but I sure as hell don’t appreciate it now. Mine died relatively young too (the year he retired...)  

I guess the one thing I’ve learned is don’t put off things in your life too long. I will always be grateful that my Dad and I traveled through China together a couple years ago before he got sick.

I’m sure there’s a lot of movies out there now that I’ll see in quite a different light, including The Lion King.

giphy.gif

We argue about stupid stuff but it's clear to me you are a caring person who lost a father way too early. That's absolutely horrible on the year of retirement and a fear of mine as well. On my dad's side everyone other than him died (he's 69). My mother's side nearly everyone lived to 90+ with some in the 100s. I've barely traveled much with my dad but I got him to come to England twice so moving forced him to which was 2 great short trips.

• Like 1

Looking at the TV spot, I hate all the shots that 100% copy the compositions of the original. Really feels like watching a videogame adaptation. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

55 minutes ago, movies!movies! said:

"sequences of violence and peril"

There really are only three ratings for films nowadays, aren't there?  :kitschjob:

(some cartoons apparently have a legacy pass)

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Looking at the TV spot, I hate all the shots that 100% copy the compositions of the original. Really feels like watching a videogame adaptation. 

The Shay never cared to watch "the original". Some dated basic kids story with talking zoo-life.

So I can fully enjoy the cutting edge spectacle now.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 3

TA8qQwq.jpg

The one and only James Earl Jones is back to reprise his voice role, lending his dulcet tones to Mufasa all over again, 25 years later.

“I see it as carrying the legacy across,” Favreau tells Empire in the upcoming new issue of bringing the legendary voice back. “Just hearing him say the lines is really moving and surreal.” And if Jones’ performance had gravitas all that time ago, it’s only increased several decades later. “The timbre of his voice has changed,” Favreau notes. “That served the role well because he sounds like a king who’s ruled for a long time.”

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/lion-king-jon-favreau-james-earl-jones-return-exclusive-image/

Edited by Royce
  • Like 4

I Just Can’t Wait To Be King snippet and it sounds really good.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Royce said:

TA8qQwq.jpg

The one and only James Earl Jones is back to reprise his voice role, lending his dulcet tones to Mufasa all over again, 25 years later.

“I see it as carrying the legacy across,” Favreau tells Empire in the upcoming new issue of bringing the legendary voice back. “Just hearing him say the lines is really moving and surreal.” And if Jones’ performance had gravitas all that time ago, it’s only increased several decades later. “The timbre of his voice has changed,” Favreau notes. “That served the role well because he sounds like a king who’s ruled for a long time.”

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/lion-king-jon-favreau-james-earl-jones-return-exclusive-image/

James Earl Jones returning is the only thing that I am looking forward to in this movie, so I'm very glad he said yes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Royce said:

TA8qQwq.jpg

That environment looks real. Wow. It doesn't look CGI.

• Like 7

So wait , I didn't follow the animation/film debate.

Will the movie be able to compete for best VFX ?

Because these are the most stunning photo real CGI ever seen, pushing even more the enveloppe of Jungle Book.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Most likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So wait , I didn't follow the animation/film debate.

Because these are the most stunning photo real CGI ever seen, pushing even more the enveloppe of Jungle Book.

Very likely. I think this will be the frontrunner for Best VFX in Oscars 2020. The Jungle Book won Oscars Best VFX in 2017.

Then Again, Ad Astra is the frontrunner in the VFX category after that revolutionnary trailer ...

If First man can do it ...

8 hours ago, UserHN said:

That environment looks real. Wow. It doesn't look CGI.

From what I've heard from another article, there's a single shot in the movie that's lIve-action, and the director threw it in there to see if audiences could tell what was real and what was CGI.

• Haha 2

https://deadline.com/2019/06/the-lion-king-china-release-date-disney-blackout-1202632659/

EXCLUSIVE: Disney’s The Lion King is being tipped for a July 12 China release, one full week before the film’s domestic debut, multiple sources tell me.

Getting a jump in China is not unprecedented — Universal’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom did it last June, albeit in step with other offshore launches. What would be particular about Lion King is going to the Middle Kingdom smack in the middle of what typically is a blackout period. What’s more, this would be the only market to get it so early. There has been no official announcement as to the China release plan.

The Jon Favreau-helmed CGI/live-action adventure is expected to be a massive global box office player this summer and its potential inclusion in China’s July provides insight into the current state of flux in the market and questions of U.S/Middle Kingdom relations amid Donald Trump’s trade war.

• Like 2