antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | 3rd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I’m starting to feel this COULD be something special. The way they’ve made it with real photography equipment on a virtual set really might make it feel like something we’ve never seen before. Whilst the trailers haven’t conveyed that to me, the movie could well be a revelation to experience. I just hope the emotion is there and I believe those animals are proper characters, talking and emoting in a relatable, convincing way. 

We have some thinking it won’t do as well as others think. At the same time there’s every chance it could be bigger than any of us can imagine.  IF it is an experience unlike anything anyone has ever seen then brace yourselves....

• Like 1

As Favreau said, as soon as you push it too far in the realm of facial expressions, it just looks cartooney, I think they struck a great balance on that aspect.

Simba speaking (with mouth movement for those still hung up on it!) and Rafiki as well.

• Like 4

Hearing Gambino's voice out of a photo-realistic lion is so strange

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Biggest problem for Avatar 2. Nothing new to show us. 4k quality versus what we saw before will look better but we have already seen great effects. I expect the best ever from Avatar 2 but it won't shock like 2009 did.

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Biggest problem for Avatar 2. Nothing new to show us. 4k quality versus what we saw before will look better but we have already seen great effects. I expect the best ever from Avatar 2 but it won't shock like 2009 did.

It’s about the whole package/experience too. I believe there are yet experiences  that could shock us into awe at the theater. The Lion King could be one of those.

3 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fandango/status/1143569782639169537?s=21

TLK has beaten BATB and Aladdin in 24 pre-sales.

Could have told you that a year ago 😛     

I mean, it’s not a bad thing, but.... of course it did. BatB opened to 175M 28 months earlier. Aladdin opened to 90.

15 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fandango/status/1143569782639169537?s=21

TLK has beaten BATB and Aladdin in 24 pre-sales.

Expected, really. The question is by how much. By my estimation, TLK did almost 13.6x the 24 hour sales of Aladdin on Pulse (based on @CoolEric258 numbers). I have no clue what BATB did back in 2017, though.

Edited by VenomXXR
Found new stats.

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Could have told you that a year ago 😛     

I mean, it’s not a bad thing, but.... of course it did. BatB opened to 175M 28 months earlier. Aladdin opened to 90.

Also beat CM and BP which is far more interesting

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I don’t see any indication that it beat BP on Fandango. Probably would have said so if it did, so I assume it missed. Beating it on Atom is pretty uninteresting. But yeah, those comparisons are less of a foregone conclusion than BatB/Aladdin.

52 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Of course it will beat third tier Marvel flicks.

Get ready, people. The second and last King of summer is coming. Aladdin owned the first half - Lion King (AND Aladdin) will own the second! No other movie stands a chance - until the cine-Christmas comes, when our Lord JJ(esus) will resurrect the Star Wars legend for one final, earth-shattering run. (Frozen2, also in winter, will be BIG too!)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Of course it will beat third tier Marvel flicks.

Get ready, people. The second and last King of summer is coming. Aladdin owned the first half - Lion King (AND Aladdin will own the second)! No other movie stands a chance - until the cine-Christmas comes, when our Lord JJ(esus) will resurrect the Star Wars legend for one final, earth-shattering run. (Frozen2, also in winter, will be BIG too!)

Who the hell are you?

On 6/24/2019 at 1:41 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Lmao at all this talk of a major portion of box office sales being solely because Beyoncé fans are gonna rush the box office. They can listen to her one song anywhere online. Ones that are going just to hear Beyoncé’s voice and no other reason would be an extremely niche number of tickets sold at best. 

yeah, why Gaga fans didn't open ASIB to 200M? when sales break records, it's more than core fandom rush. 

8 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Who the hell are you?

I can never tell if Shay is being ironic or genuine

8 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Well, that July record is at good as broken. It’ll probably also break the record for highest opening for a PG movie. 

• Like 1