antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

$205m OW

$610m Dom

$700m OS

$1.31B WW

OS for sure will be $850m+, and $1 bi + likely.

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I tried to warn people about everything you re currenlty talking about months ago by the way but people were busy discussing if this was gonna make 2 or 3 billies.

This movie was always gonna be a difficult adaptation.

Just because people on the forum have issues with the trailer it doesn't mean the movie won't reach those boxoffice heights. I vividly remember that CM trailers were called bland, TV quality, etc yet here we are. Big OW, over 1.1B WW will be the finish. Forum =/= GA

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Just because people on the forum have issues with the trailer it doesn't mean the movie won't reach those boxoffice heights. I vividly remember that CM trailers were called bland, TV quality, etc yet here we are. Big OW, over 1.1B WW will be the finish. Forum =/= GA

We ll see, giving emotion to photo real animals is objectively harder to do than traditional animation or cartoon like animals in CGI films a la Pixar/Illuminaion.

Lion King is sacred ground, everything that would make people feel/think the remake is not working could harm the movie. 

But obviously it IS Lion King so curiosity to see the remake is gigantic.

This looks amazing.  The reaction on this forum is exactly wrong...and kind of absurd

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For me it won't do more than 1.5 B WW. The beauty and the beast is not less loved than this one. Some people has too much hype, 2 B dollars like end game sounds like a joke to me. 

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We ll see, giving emotion to photo real animals is objectively harder to do than traditional animation or cartoon like animals in CGI films a la Pixar/Illuminaion.

Lion King is sacred ground, everything that would make people feel/think the remake is not working could harm the movie. 

But obviously it IS Lion King so curiosity to see the remake is gigantic.

I'm more trying not to upset someone who's close to cardiac on another forum where nobody likes this trailer and I'm afraid he might become the one with the Force from too much effort. I just don't want my comments to be the cause. I'm imagining that this poster, whose ID sounds like that cheap Irish Airline, could be Favereau himself cause why else he would be fuming this much over criticism?  So no, I'm not gonna risk killing Favz.  ;)

Posted (edited)

It’s incredible how realistic everything, especially the animals, look. Nearly impossible to tell they are CGI. Looks better than The Jungle Book. 

But I agree that the talking animation looks weird. Also from what I saw in the trailer the animals are not expressive much. It was much better in TJB. I know comparing a trailer to a finished movie is not fair so I hope these things are improved upon in the actual movie. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

there's no way they are less expressive than JB when all is said and done. same team, 3 years to improve on already state of the art expression effect. they just didn't pick the footage.

• Like 1

People forget TJB had that little kid, no matter how bad you thought he was, he was still the anchor of the movie.

Here, it s photo real CGI animals talking to photo real CGI animals so nailing everything for 100 minutes is gonna be a challenge.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People forget TJB had that little kid, no matter how bad you thought he was, he was still the anchor of the movie.

Here, it s photo real CGI animals talking to photo real CGI animals so nailing everything for 100 minutes is gonna be a challenge.

it's hard to resist this guy tho

106347-yedyllbytp-1542943834.jpeg

Well, that was a thing, I guess. I’m not really angry about this movie anymore, but I’m having a very difficult time mustering up any real enthusiasm for it. It just looks like another Disney remake. It’ll obviously make a ton of money, though, so who am I to talk? 

The uncanny valley animation is a little creepy, to be honest. I’m not sure I’m on board with this.

• Thanks 1

That was a great trailer. The music, CGI, the voices were all great. Takes me back to when I was a kid.

It’s really interesting to see the reactions here and see the exact opposite on Twitter(which it’s still trending #1) and Instagram.

I think this will give Avengers: Endgame competition in the domestic market for the #1 spot. TLK doesn’t have strong competition for a month after it comes out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This movie is going to be huge, way bigger than Beauty and the Beast. 

• Like 1

I thought this trailer was way too fast or short in a way? Maybe they're still trying to finish the CGI

Anyway, 2B ww

I didn't really like this trailer... not that I needed any additional marketing to get me in the theater opening night. But this trailer just lacks the emotional gravitas of the teaser back in November. It feels like they are holding back for a third trailer, probably to release at the end of May with Aladdin.

Posted (edited)

Disney: Does a remake shot by shot of the original 

People: This looks dull, literally a copy of the original. Disney has no new ideas... 

Disney: Does a remake changing the original story

People: Fuc* Disney, how dare they change the story, not going to watch this...

Now seriously, this looks amazing. Simba looks so cute and the CGI is perfect and it is not even finished. I think this will play really well during July and August. I expect great legs, this doesn't have a rush factor like Avengers or any other franchise. Everyone knows the story, people will watch this but won't be there on opening weekend necessarily

Edited by AN9815
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1