antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

I haven't seen a single Disney CGI'd remake and even though I really like The Lion King I probably won't be seeing this either.  It's just not my thing I guess and from what I see in the trailer it doesn't appear to capture the same magic of the original animated movie.  It looks dull.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AN9815Yeah pretty much. People will complain either way. I'm fine with a shot-by-shot and also fine if it changes quite a bit.

I wonder if they put this trailer out there with the same type of mindset as the second Aladdin teaser. They know what people will complain about and they will surprise us with the next one (in May probably). Scar's mane will be darker, the animal's eyes will actually change with their emotions, and their mouths will open more and not look like there's a voiceover while the animals are chewing to make it look like they're talking.

Looks great. I'm anticipating a release of a song featuring Beyonce.

• Like 5

Honestly, I think the GA is going to absolutely eat this up.

The Lion King made twice as much in its initial release than BATB did.

Favreau is going to have alot of cred built up after The Jungle Book.

Feels like at least 600M domestic

• Haha 1

I think this will make a killing! The star-studded cast, a beloved remake and grand spectacle/IMAX friendly...

I'd say 220M/710M

57 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

Disney: Does a remake shot by shot of the original 

People: This looks dull, literally a copy of the original. Disney has no new ideas... 

Disney: Does a remake changing the original story

People: Fuc* Disney, how dare they change the story, not going to watch this...

Now seriously, this looks amazing. Simba looks so cute and the CGI is perfect and it is not even finished. I think this will play really well during July and August. I expect great legs, this doesn't have a rush factor like Avengers or any other franchise. Everyone knows the story, people will watch this but won't be there on opening weekend necessarily

I can’t speak for others, but I’d rather they change things up than do an almost shot for shot remake. The problem is that something like Beauty and the Beast tried to have its cake and eat it too by recreating entire sequences from the animated version, while making small deviations that either go nowhere (like the teleporting book), try to address unimportant “plot holes”, or that only seem to be there in a misguided attempt at being more “woke”. 

1 hour ago, AN9815 said:

People: This looks dull, literally a copy of the original. Disney has no new ideas... 

People: Fuc* Disney, how dare they change the story, not going to watch this...

There a bit of a world between shot by shot and changing the story, I do not remember the reaction to Pete dragon, Jungle Book or Cinderella to match what you describe that much.

As soon as I hear Beyoncé harmonizing

tenor.gif?itemid=7792595

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

well ill be goddamn twitter is shitting all over it that $200m OW is in danger

when didn't twitter shit all over something? :thinking:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

well ill be goddamn twitter is shitting all over it that $200m OW is in danger

Twitter, much like this forum, in no way represents the GA.  This thing will make bank.

• Like 1

Here's Scar from upcoming merchandise with dark mane and all. They are clearly still working on this (just like they were with Aladdin's Genie). Remember, they have the clips to be used well in advance so anything that is  updated since won't be seen until future trailers.

KtLdNYwl.jpg

Yep, GA overlaps with social media sometimes but not always. this is Wow spectacle to them. 

Posted (edited)

This will make shittons of money.

This trailer also killed my interest in the movie. In my opinion, this looks like the most blatant, pure copy that Disney has yet done. I dont need to pay for a ticket for The Lion King if i already have a perfect movie called The Lion King in my Blu-Ray collection. Also, that version has colors.

This post is not directed at anyone who anticipates this film. More power to you. I personally just dont need it at all, but im excited for its potentially gigantic box office run.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

People: Fuc* Disney, how dare they change the story, not going to watch 

I mean we've all heard those complaints, but you're acting like it's the same people saying both those things. I'm sure as hell not. For example I haven't seen the new Dumbo movie so I cant comment on its quality, but it's at least commendable that they're trying to do SOMETHING different with the story rather than just giving you the shiny new version of the exact same thing you knew and loved as a kid. I'll take even a little originality over a giant nostalgia-fest any day.

1 hour ago, AJ2k said:

I haven't seen a single Disney CGI'd remake and even though I really like The Lion King I probably won't be seeing this either.  It's just not my thing I guess and from what I see in the trailer it doesn't appear to capture the same magic of the original animated movie.  It looks dull.

Give Kenneth Brannagh’s Cinderella a shot. I think it’s great, the only live action I’ve liked. 

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people just don't get that the public WANTS an exact shot for shot remake. Why would you want beloved animated classics to be changed for the sake of doing something different? The novelty here is seeing these classics in a different medium: live action. Yes, there is a novelty to that, as simple as it is.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people just don't get that the public WANTS an exact shot for shot remake. Why would you want beloved animated classics to be changed for the sake of doing something different? The novelty here is seeing these classics in a different medium: live action. Yes, there is a novelty to that, as simple as it is.

yeah this.  big movies are made for GA in mind. TLK is exactly what they want, TLK story from the animation but with photoreal animals. Just like BatB - story from the animation but with Emma Watson. 

Seconded Cinderella love @FilmBuff @AJ2k Highly recommendable.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

Man, FUCK DISNEY for using that epic part of The King of Pride Rock track and hitting me straight in the nostalgia feels. It looks like such a lifeless copy of a masterpiece, the use of that undeniable music to elicit my emotions was NOT appreciated.