Jump to content
antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Recommended Posts

I fully understand the criticisms of why this is being remade.  That being said,  I'm fully on board for this

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This will make shittons of money.

 

This trailer also killed my interest in the movie. In my opinion, this looks like the most blatant, pure copy that Disney has yet done. I dont need to pay for a ticket for The Lion King if i already have a perfect movie called The Lion King in my Blu-Ray collection. Also, that version has colors.

 

This post is not directed at anyone who anticipates this film. More power to you. I personally just dont need it at all, but im excited for its potentially gigantic box office run.

Taking the inherent beauty and artistry out of the animated classics are truly these film's biggest crimes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that this LK trailer certainly has its flaws yet people are stoked over seeing it. Meanwhile, the last Aladdin trailer was REALLY good and yet most people are spitting all over it.

 

I actually thought that last Aladdin trailer was MUCH better than the LK trailer today. But I think that both look like very good fun movies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Interesting that this LK trailer certainly has its flaws yet people are stoked over seeing it. Meanwhile, the last Aladdin trailer was REALLY good and yet most people are spitting all over it.

 

I actually thought that last Aladdin trailer was MUCH better than the LK trailer today. But I think that both look like very good fun movies.

I have problems with both trailers. Not to derail, but I found that Aladdin felt like it was written for children, almost like a Disney Channel Original especially with the script. 

 

Both had problems with the villains, Scar has been whitened and ruined, Jafar doesn't sound like a villain just a monkey's uncle. 

 

Overall though, Aladdin looks okay. Whereas nobody can deny the visual beauty of TLK. Though I have worries it may actually be too terrifying for young audiences during the stampede and the fight at the end, especially with the realism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Interesting that this LK trailer certainly has its flaws yet people are stoked over seeing it. Meanwhile, the last Aladdin trailer was REALLY good and yet most people are spitting all over it.

 

I actually thought that last Aladdin trailer was MUCH better than the LK trailer today. But I think that both look like very good fun movies.

I will honestly agree with you there. The last Aladdin trailer still had some major flaws (Jafar is just going to be a total bust, no way around it), but there were sparks of interest for me. I actually think Smith looks like he's putting more effort in than he has in a film in years, and I give him credit for attempting to forge his own character since no one will be Williams. This on the other hand looks completely dead of creativity. But that initial Aladdin marketing was so off, it really did damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Taking the inherent beauty and artistry out of the animated classics are truly these film's biggest crimes. 

 

The big advantage of animation is that it has no bounds in terms of what is possible to show on screen and how it is shown. This is something these remakes are completely lacking because of course, thats what happens when you translate animation into live-action. It takes the charme away imo.

 

1*Rz7jrLMfTBj2LOIQ3I26Ig.jpeg

 

A lion oozing of personality, evilish charme and wit.

 

5cade4fde031e814ae152478-960-480.jpg

 

A lion.

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

 

The big advantage of animation is that it has no bounds in terms of what is possible to show on screen and how it is shown. This is something these remakes are completely lacking because of course, thats what happens when you translate animation into live-action. It takes the charme away imo.

 

1*Rz7jrLMfTBj2LOIQ3I26Ig.jpeg

 

A lion oozing of personality, evilish charme and wit.

 

5cade4fde031e814ae152478-960-480.jpg

 

A lion.

This is the most perfect post I've ever seen that succinctly demonstrates why these Disney animated remakes  in general are the bane of my existence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people just don't get that the public WANTS an exact shot for shot remake. Why would you want beloved animated classics to be changed for the sake of doing something different? The novelty here is seeing these classics in a different medium: live action. Yes, there is a novelty to that, as simple as it is.

 

I kind of doubt it will be one, animation as a medium has a level of clarity that make some editing choice possible hard to pull off in live action, the similar story told in a very similar way (if they go for that) will probably have a much longer runtime.

 

Do you really believe that a single one person here do not get that a lot of the public would love (to see once) an close to exact shot for shot remake ? Or you are trolling ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people just don't get that the public WANTS an exact shot for shot remake. Why would you want beloved animated classics to be changed for the sake of doing something different? The novelty here is seeing these classics in a different medium: live action. Yes, there is a novelty to that, as simple as it is.

Well, to paraphrase H.L. Mencken, if this is what the people want, they deserve to get it good and hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really curious how they're planning to do "I Just Can't Wait To Be King". The original number was so colorful and zany that I can't see how it could possibly be done in a photorealistic live-action manner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aladdin seems a lot better. Different costumes, different production design and in the trailer there are a lot of shots different from the animated movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people just don't get that the public WANTS an exact shot for shot remake. Why would you want beloved animated classics to be changed for the sake of doing something different? The novelty here is seeing these classics in a different medium: live action. Yes, there is a novelty to that, as simple as it is.

Exactly, why bother doing anything original or creative? Just copy what made it work the first time and update it for 2019. I get that's what people want, we all know this movie is going to make bank. I just have no interest in that, and since I have an emotional attachment to the original I'm bothering to spill all this ink over it. I don't have a problem with anyone being excited over this though, or any movie for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are people who have always wondered "what would this animated movie look like if it were real life?". That's the curiosity that these live action films are trying to capture. And it's that question that Disney and these filmmakers are trying to answer the best they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Audiences want to see how the animated movies would look in live action / photorealistic CGI.

 

CGI artists can show their work and improve their technologies.

 

Disney wants the audiences money.

 

Everybody wins. Except that vocal minority upset that these movies aren't catered to them and will continue to complain every month (because, to be fair, at the rate Disney is going there's a new trailer for one of these every month)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is gonna make a trillion dollars in its sleep.

  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

 

The big advantage of animation is that it has no bounds in terms of what is possible to show on screen and how it is shown. This is something these remakes are completely lacking because of course, thats what happens when you translate animation into live-action. It takes the charme away imo.

 

1*Rz7jrLMfTBj2LOIQ3I26Ig.jpeg

 

A lion oozing of personality, evilish charme and wit.

 

5cade4fde031e814ae152478-960-480.jpg

 

A lion.

I think someone from BOT talked about this 6  months ago ...

Who can be that person ... I wonder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Audiences want to see how the animated movies would look in live action / photorealistic CGI.

 

CGI artists can show their work and improve their technologies.

 

Disney wants the audiences money.

 

Everybody wins. Except that vocal minority upset that these movies aren't catered to them and will continue to complain every month (because, to be fair, at the rate Disney is going there's a new trailer for one of these every month)

I have no problem with any of this except for the highlighted. I don't need any of these movies to "cater" to me and I'm not "upset" that they don't. Even if these movies tried something new that I hated, I'd still consider that more commendable than relying on nostalgia.

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I think someone from BOT talked about this 6  months ago ...

Who can be that person ... I wonder.

A Mowgli fanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why doesn't Scar sound menacing? 'Run away Simba and never return' didn't have the same impact as in the original when it's said for the 2nd time

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jedijake said:

Interesting that this LK trailer certainly has its flaws yet people are stoked over seeing it. Meanwhile, the last Aladdin trailer was REALLY good and yet most people are spitting all over it.

 

I actually thought that last Aladdin trailer was MUCH better than the LK trailer today. But I think that both look like very good fun movies.

True

 

TLK teaser > Aladdin teasers

Aladdin trailer > TLK trailer

 

Say what u want about BATB but that movie had a 1-2-3 punch of good teasers/trailers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.