antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Just now, InVy said:

I'm not talking about box office, I'm talking about a fact that many people saw Jungle Book (and loved it) but now some pretend they don't remember it exists. Wait, people don't like Simba as cub in this? For real? I thought he looked amazing. And the grown-up version was boring in 1994 version too. To me original Jungle Book was also very cartoony. Obviously in Lion King Favreau won't have the same freedom but even in trailer some of the dialogue seems to be changed.

I’ll rephrase:

The photorealistic animation does look jaw dropping like in The Jungle Book but I don’t think judging from the trailers, they’ll be to capture the same sort of energy the original has mainly due to more limits as they are trying to make it look as stunning as possible, where again in my opinion, although it looks stunning, it looks kind of bland.

However, the vast majority loves the animation currently at use, so Disney has no worries unlike the Genie controversy.

thing is Jungle Book had human characters in it to help with the emotions. 

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’ll rephrase:

The photorealistic animation does look jaw dropping like in The Jungle Book but I don’t think judging from the trailers, they’ll be to capture the same sort of energy the original has mainly due to more limits as they are trying to make it look as stunning as possible, where again in my opinion, although it looks stunning, it looks kind of bland.

However, the vast majority loves the animation currently at use, so Disney has no worries unlike the Genie controversy.

As I said before I wasn't sold on talking animals in Jungle Book in trailers but in a movie you are in that world & everything feels right. And I just look at Lion King 2019 as another version of the same story. I even watch Lion Guard with one eye lol. So I just like this world

PS. and let's be honest music is the main driver behind the best Disney animated movies & this one has one of the best.

When things are SO photorealistic its impressive but at the end of the day it just looks like real animals unless you have them do things that animals absolutely will not/cannot do. Singing, dancing, talking, etc. So the idea is to make the animals look like they're actually doing those things while still look like they are natural animals. It's a hard balance. TJB probably did it the best. TLK will be an improvement even from that. I'm sure that is the conversation that Favreau and the producers had.

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I understand the final product will look better and obviously explode at the box office I am only just talking artistic wise. In my opinion, a bear has more versatile movement than a lion to do photo realism and original The Jungle Book was way less cartoony than The Lion King was.

To add reference, the same user from before bought up a good point:

jungle book less cartoony than lion king? what do you mean?

085ce5dbe4beeb65f70b60cbe7dc0042.jpgkhan.png?w=509&h=292baloo-teaching-mowgli-how-to-roar_orig.j

lol at people discovering how animation works.

Edited by The Futurist

16 minutes ago, Avatree said:

jungle book less cartoony than lion king? what do you mean?

2386.jpg

I've seen the same complaints back in the day when Jungle Book was being released. People love it. The animators did an absolutely amazing job animating the digital animals body language. And, while it's more subtle, they did do some work with the animal's facial expressions.

In the new trailer, you can actually see panic on Simba's face as he runs from the stampede.

I'm pretty much expecting the same thing here.  My only minor complaint is that there is no rain during the Simba roaring on Pride Rock scene, which likely hasn't been added yet because you can see the sky colored for it.

I actually laughed out loud watching this. It came across like someone taking shots from a nature documentary and making a fake Lion King trailer out of it. It's the kinda thing I'd think was so well done it'd make me laugh and enjoy it in a meme way.

I wouldn't say the trailer is bad, but for me, I can say, that those characters mean nothing. I can't connect with them. The music is the only thing, that's able to touch me.

We'll see, how things go, but I get the impression, I'm not the only one feeling there is just something off.

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I wouldn't say the trailer is bad, but for me, I can say, that those characters mean nothing. I can't connect with them. The music is the only thing, that's able to touch me.

We'll see, how things go, but I get the impression, I'm not the only one feeling there is just something off.

It s not 2D animation and animals/sets are photo-real, of course something s off, even slightly.

I think right now they're just showing off the photorealism which looks phenomenal. They're holding back on the talking and singing until later or MAYBE even the movie itself.

11 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I think right now they're just showing off the photorealism which looks phenomenal. They're holding back on the talking and singing until later or MAYBE even the movie itself.

Given hardly anyone's actually impressed by CGI anymore that's a risky strategy. 

(But who am I kidding, this will still make all the money.)

In the Jungle Book the cast is made up of several different animals, while in Lion King you have a bunch of lions and three hyenas. It will be extra hard to make these characters stand out because unlike their animation counterparts, they look very similar to each other.

I just rewatched yesterday's Disney+ investor day (don't ask), and they mentioned that the second trailer amassed 174M global views in the first 24 hours. By comparison with other Disney movies, only the two Endgame trailers, the two Infinity War trailers, and the first Lion King trailer are ahead of that trailer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I just rewatched yesterday's Disney+ investor day (don't ask), and they mentioned that the second trailer amassed 174M global views in the first 24 hours. By comparison with other Disney movies, only the two Endgame trailers, the two Infinity War trailers, and the first Lion King trailer are ahead of that trailer.

Probably blew up more on Facebook and Twitter than YouTube.

11 hours ago, jf8350143 said:

In the Jungle Book the cast is made up of several different animals, while in Lion King you have a bunch of lions and three hyenas. It will be extra hard to make these characters stand out because unlike their animation counterparts, they look very similar to each other.

Yeah, but they do a pretty damn job making each of the three male lions unique.

We thought the trailer was absolutely a sight to behold! Hopefully, this will deliver! It looks great so far! :) Here's Our Reaction/Review to the new official trailer! Hope ya like it! 

• Thanks 1

the only thing I hope they change is that stupid part near the end of the first movie where Scar reveals he killed Mufasa for no reason at all. Other than that, I'm fine with a shot for shot remake