antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

174m views, first trailer got 224.6m - fantastic 22.5% drop! 

Comparisons:

Endgame - 7.3% drop

Infinity War - 22.2% drop

Don't really have much other comps as second trailers don't normally garner enough attention. So this is a fantastic result!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Comparisons:

Endgame - 7.3% drop

Don't really have much other comps as second trailers don't normally garner enough attention. So this is a fantastic result!

and they still haven't shown Zazu talking & Beyonce singing. and Simba talking & singing

19 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Comparisons:

Endgame - 7.3% drop

Where are you getting that number from?

9 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

On 4/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, CoolEric258 said:

I just rewatched yesterday's Disney+ investor day (don't ask), and they mentioned that the second trailer amassed 174M global views in the first 24 hours. By comparison with other Disney movies, only the two Endgame trailers, the two Infinity War trailers, and the first Lion King trailer are ahead of that trailer.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-companys-2019-investor-day-webcast/

32 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Sorry! Didn't see you'd already posted it! I noticed it on reddit and quickly checked this thread (apparently not well enough 🤦🏻‍♀️)

• Haha 1

Have to say that I was very underwhelmed by the trailer.  Very bland to me which is hard for me to say since I  love the original 

But I'm sure the remaining trailers will win me over

I don't care either way, but I zoned out hard watching that trailer. 

• Like 1

with Spider-Man Far From Home moving its opening day to Tuesday, The Lion King is now guaranteed to take the July opening weekend record right? it's currently held by DH2's 169M OW =/

57 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

with Spider-Man Far From Home moving its opening day to Tuesday, The Lion King is now guaranteed to take the July opening weekend record right? it's currently held by DH2's 169M OW =/

I’m fairly certain it would’ve been guaranteed to take the July record regardless. 

I can't imagine TLK making less than $190 million OW. I think it will likely make over $200 million.

Great article with some insight on TLK from JF - 

"[On Lion King], there was nothing organic at all. There were no sets, there were no characters, there's no motion capture. There's no photography at all. So we eliminated lights and cameras and sets, and we created a volume, which was not unlike when I visited you as you were doing capture for Avatar
So in Lion King, we set up the animation using the game engine Unity. We built all the sets first, and then we would go in VR to the environment. So we could actually walk around and would do scouts together, all in VR, in the real environment."

https://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1902-Spring-2019/Cameron-Favreau-Innovators.aspx 

• Like 1

It looks worse than Aladdin. 

Mowgli being real maybe saved the Jungle Book, but I didn't feel much nostalgia watching the trailers for this. Something feels off about the whole enterprise and I just am not inclined to see it. 

6 minutes ago, BK007 said:

It looks worse than Aladdin. 

Aladdin looks terrible. This being closer to a shot for shot remake than that is bad, but as a movie Aladdin looks much worse.

That latest trailer gets worse each time I see it. I just can't believe how lifeless and dull this looks. They took all of the charm and magic out of TLK, save for the timeless soundtrack. Got zero reaction at my EG screening. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, TMP said:

Aladdin looks terrible. This being closer to a shot for shot remake than that is bad, but as a movie Aladdin looks much worse.

Eh, you can see some flair in Aladdin. I'm not saying it looks great either, but there are flourishes and character. 

This just lacks character. Those screenshots just posted further exemplify the lack of in these new CGI models. It looks so dead.

• Like 1

Based on the reaction this the trailer got at the  endgame movie. This film will be huge but I think we already knew that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Will the queen keep her southern accent for this movie? It would be hilarious.

Does anyone still think this is gonna be bigger domestic than Endgame? :D