antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

35 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Except for you know Scar saying "lives in the dark"

I have to ask, what did you think of the live action Jungle Book cause this is literally made by the same people and they look like they're doing the same exact methods.

30 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

You overhumanize the animals too much and they look like..........these abominations

Or maybe this movie is kind of butt ugly in any case.

You don't see anything wrong with Simba's expression as he runs away?

Edited by cannastop

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Or maybe this movie is kind of butt ugly in any case.

You don't see anything wrong with Simba's expression as he runs away?

The shot before it literally has Simba hunched over in a scared/fetal position. Live animals don't really emote facially. It's body language.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The shot before it literally has Simba hunched over in a scared/fetal position. Live animals don't really emote facially. It's body language.

But it's a fucking movie. And the original was so expressive.

42 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, so is the 101 Dalmatians-remake and none of the dogs in that movie, emoted whatsoever. Again, what Yandereprime said: Body language.

Seriously, dude. Is live animal characters not emoting, your big problem here? 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, so is the 101 Dalmatians-remake and none of the dogs in that movie, emoted whatsoever. Again, what Yandereprime said: Body language.

Seriously, dude. Is live animal characters not emoting, your big problem here? 🤦🏻‍♀️

But they are not live animals.

42 minutes ago, cannastop said:

But they are not live animals.

But nothing. Live or not, i don’t care. Stop complaining about something that’s petty. Nobody cares. 

Jeez. 🙄

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

7 hours ago, cannastop said:

Yes, and that's one thing that this "live-action" remake will never be able to match. However, there is the benefit of the doubt that it is approaching the story with realistic animals, and therefore, their expressiveness can also be explored in a different way. The Jungle Book did that right imo: the animals were still expressive and lively and believably cartoonish, but realistic and down to Earth at the same time. It's a different approach and I think it's worth the benefit of the doubt of waiting before the film comes out.

Look, I am not exactly a supporter of this movie existing to begin with and I expect it to be an unimaginative shot-for-shot remake with ugly desaturation and one or two degrading additions. However, the one thing I have praised in the trailers is that the character models look pretty good (I think the animation has looked fine, so far), and again, while the idea of realistic animals takes away a lot of what made the original so special, there's a different road of possibilities that can make this movie stand on its own, if done right.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Anyone complaining about these animals not being real animals really doesn't get it. Are they going to get real animals to to talk and sing? Are they going to take shots of animals and then transpose CGI mouths on them? What do people want/expect? That is the most absurd complaint about a movie I think I've ever heard. It's like saying that Star Wars uses practical effects but people complaining that they don't actually shoot in real space.

If someone can say that they've used CGI animals and discriminated against actual singing and talking lions, then I can understand. (sarcasm)

We've had lifelike CGI animals that were super expressive, see the Raccoon in GotG. I'm not a fan of the MCU but I have to give them props for that creation. Feels kind of like TLK decided against that approach. Was it because it was the right artistic choice or because it requires more effort when designing and animating characters to find that perfect balance? TLK has a lot more animals so maybe they decided it would be too much effort: you not only have to get the face right, you need to strike a realistic balance along with the camerawork and lighting. Doing it with one animal is one thing, doing it with every animal in TLK is another.

tumblr_oxyjkmRd7q1wepj41o1_400.gif

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Clubs Are Trash said:

up there in the gorge, Simba's down there!!

watch out!, the trees fall!!  now's your chance, get in there Jenny, go Jen go go go go!!!  jump Jar-Jar jump!!! 

Still not feeling any real hype for this. I think if Aladdin underperforms, it does make the prospects for this worse. Not directly obviously, but Aladdin along with Dumbo not doing well would certainly signal a new trend in audience interest in these. 

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Still not feeling any real hype for this. I think if Aladdin underperforms, it does make the prospects for this worse. Not directly obviously, but Aladdin along with Dumbo not doing well would certainly signal a new trend in audience interest in these. 

You see the trailer views on avengers level right?

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

You must be living under a rock if you don't feel hype for this soon to be monster

The first long term projections will be revealed on Friday. Any guesses?

I'm thinking they will be lower than what many predict.

OW: $150-$170 million

DOM: $480-$500 million

I think that some of what BOP projects will be based on how things are going with Aladdin (which aren't so great)

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

The first long term projections will be revealed on Friday. Any guesses?

I'm thinking they will be lower than what many predict.

OW: $150-$170 million

DOM: $480-$500 million

I think that some of what BOP projects will be based on how things are going with Aladdin (which aren't so great)

Yeah, Endgame stole some thunder.

Wow, bold starting point for LK's OW from BOP:

$180-$230 million OW

$650 million domestic

Either it will go the way of Aladdin, stay the same, or do crazy stuff that EG did. This is an amazing starting point and with it already having amazing hype and good will, who knows?

20 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Wow, bold starting point for LK's OW from BOP:

$180-$230 million OW

$650 million domestic

Either it will go the way of Aladdin, stay the same, or do crazy stuff that EG did. This is an amazing starting point and with it already having amazing hype and good will, who knows?

That's about $1.72B worldwide if that current number ($650M) gets the same d/f split as Favreau's Jungle Book.

Edited by MagnarTheGreat