Jump to content
antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, I Am said:

Between "Aladdin," "Toy Story 4," and "The Lion King"... most families are only going to be able to see one or two at the most, forget about all three. If audiences like "Aladdin" and word of mouth convinces families who were on the fence to see it, does that hurt "The Lion King" at all?

 

I know one of my cousins is taking her kids to "Aladdin," but is specifically not going to see "Toy Story 4" or "The Lion King" in theaters, because she doesn't want to spend $50 in tickets (much less the concessions the kids are going to want) three times this summer.

 

It's not going to hurt Lion King, nor Toy Story 4. They gonna make bank, hell, The Lion King will essentially be the Avengers: Endgame of the live action remakes.

 

Just because some parent decides to take their kids to just one movie over the summer doesn't mean every parent will do that. A lot of parents will take their kids to any animated/family movie that comes out.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

A lot of parents will take their kids to any animated/family movie that comes out.

These people are called bougie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, I Am said:

Between "Aladdin," "Toy Story 4," and "The Lion King"... most families are only going to be able to see one or two at the most, forget about all three. If audiences like "Aladdin" and word of mouth convinces families who were on the fence to see it, does that hurt "The Lion King" at all?

 

I know one of my cousins is taking her kids to "Aladdin," but is specifically not going to see "Toy Story 4" or "The Lion King" in theaters, because she doesn't want to spend $50 in tickets (much less the concessions the kids are going to want) three times this summer.

There are plenty space for all, especially considering it's basically the only big movies until August [along with FFH].

 

Godzilla should do good numbers but it's not gonna be gigantic, MIB is probably gonna flop, SLOP2 should do decent numbers but really needs a good marketing push because the tracking / buzz is really bad, Dark Phoenix is a bomb waiting to happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

What kind of preview-OW multi should we expect for this?

Previews higher than Incredibles 2 or B&B -  at least the $20m+ range - with a 9-10 internal multi.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Between "Aladdin," "Toy Story 4," and "The Lion King"... most families are only going to be able to see one or two at the most, forget about all three. If audiences like "Aladdin" and word of mouth convinces families who were on the fence to see it, does that hurt "The Lion King" at all?
 
I know one of my cousins is taking her kids to "Aladdin," but is specifically not going to see "Toy Story 4" or "The Lion King" in theaters, because she doesn't want to spend $50 in tickets (much less the concessions the kids are going to want) three times this summer.
Nothing will hurt TLK, imo.

Lähetetty minun SM-A520F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only this movie could get the same adm. number as the musical in Germany (almost 14m in Hamburg) but that has no chance, absolutely no chance of happening, I guess a third would be good (about 4.7m adm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, TLK is positioned as an event. families will be there. I'm not into talking animal genre but I know that normies think it's the next level shit. just look at JB boxoffice. I skipped that movie entirely but I understand that there's huge market for this kind of spectacle and TLK is much bigger name than JB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Lion King isn't getting hurt by any other family movies; the other family movies are hurt by The Lion King. It's like saying that Avengers: Endgame was getting the short end of the stick by coming out after both Captain Marvel and Shazam!. The Lion King is, well, the king of family films. And the fact that Aladdin and Toy Story 4 are looking up on their own is only good for their prospects, because TLK will probably benefit them more than it will hurt them, since they're all Disney movies and they'll probably get double feature bumps (at least Aladdin will, for sure). The likes of Detective Pikachu and The Secret Life Of Pets 2 are the ones that should fear The Lion King, assuming Toy Story 4 won't already put a big dent on their runs.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently John Campea is claiming that Disney's internal tracking has this doing $220M-$265M OW

 

  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 6:55 AM, Valonqar said:

yeah, TLK is positioned as an event. families will be there. I'm not into talking animal genre but I know that normies think it's the next level shit. just look at JB boxoffice. I skipped that movie entirely but I understand that there's huge market for this kind of spectacle and TLK is much bigger name than JB. 

Normies?

What? Do you think this sounds cool? Makes you feel superior? Hahahahaha!!

Normies....the language tossed about by you 20 somethings is the real sad thing...stan!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

Normies?

What? Do you think this sounds cool? Makes you feel superior? Hahahahaha!!

Normies....the language tossed about by you 20 somethings is the real sad thing...stan!!!

GA if you prefer. they think that photorealistic animal SFX is amazing which guarantees that they'll flock to this spectacle. I'm just countering naysayers who think the movie looks fake/cheap/whatever. GA doesn't think so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Apparently John Campea is claiming that Disney's internal tracking has this doing $220M-$265M OW

 

There is no chance of a family aimed movie opening higher than Star Wars and IW. Come on now. And I don't buy for a minute Disney's tracking is suggesting anything of the sort. This was a studio whose tracking was sheep-ish to even predict EG would break the OW. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

There is no chance of a family aimed movie opening higher than Star Wars and IW. Come on now. And I don't buy for a minute Disney's tracking is suggesting anything of the sort. This was a studio whose tracking was sheep-ish to even predict EG would break the OW. 

 1) BATB did $174m outside of summer and I2 did $182m last year. TLK beating them by 25% wouldn’t be at all surprising. 

 

2) Was that Disney’s internal tracking or what they told the outlets and media? Those aren’t the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

 1) BATB did $174m outside of summer and I2 did $182m last year. TLK beating them by 25% wouldn’t be at all surprising. 

 

2) Was that Disney’s internal tracking or what they told the outlets and media? Those aren’t the same thing. 

Every official "source" we heard reported EG's tracking from Disney as extremely modest. Same goes for TFA and IW. Their tracking was far below what it actually did. How is this source remotely official? Don't buy it for a moment. Sounds like more people getting completely carried away with expectations for this movie. Especially now that Aladdin is doing well, just fueling the over-estimates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is a studio’s internal tracking and what the studio releases to press may not be the same. For all you know Disney will say 150m+. That said let us wait till end of June when we will get Tracking data from Trade. That will give a picture. I can’t see it below I2.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.