antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I've come to realize that I really like it now if commenters in Twitter/BOT/Reddit hate a movie that I'm anticipating. Might be a form of good luck. So please please make your hate as intense as possible. Invite your friends to also trash the film in social media. Tell them to don't dare love TLK or TS4 before it will be released (like how they loved Shazam, Pika, and Zilla).

weird flex but ok.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UserHN said:

Supposedly "emotionless" faces of hyperrealistic lions. Or they just love to hate on Disney live-action remakes. But Aladdin experienced more negativity from Twitter/BOT/Reddit, so I'm not that worried about TLK.

How exactly is not liking emotionless faces an SJW thing?

6 hours ago, UserHN said:

Woke Twitter hating on TLK. That's why I'm hopeful for this movie. Twitter doesn't offer a clue on how the GA perceive a movie. Twitter folks also hated CM and Aladdin. They also hate TS4. Before the opening, Twitter loves Shazam, Pika Pika, and Godzilla.

Tweets or this didn't happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UserHN said:

Woke Twitter hating on TLK. That's why I'm hopeful for this movie. Twitter doesn't offer a clue on how the GA perceive a movie. Twitter folks also hated CM and Aladdin. They also hate TS4. Before the opening, Twitter loves Shazam, Pika Pika, and Godzilla.

I guess Twitter users don't make up a big portion of movie goers.

Posted (edited)

The faces in this look about as expressive as the faces of actual animals.

Edited by Hunch

Are there any new songs exclusive to this remake or will they just use the original songs from the 1994-film?

26 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are there any new songs exclusive to this remake or will they just use the original songs from the 1994-film?

It's highly likely that there are new songs, like BatB and Aladdin remakes. They should convince Beyonce or Elton John to write a new song for the movie.

34 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

It's highly likely that there are new songs, like BatB and Aladdin remakes. They should convince Beyonce or Elton John to write a new song for the movie.

I'm pretty sure that Elton John said that he wanted to write a song for Beyonce.

I feel like there's no excuse for not making the lions look expressive. They did it awesomely with Aslan in the first Narnia movie and that was released almost 15 years ago.

• Like 1

I gotta wonder though: Aside from James Earl Jones, why didn’t Disney bring some of the other original cast to return voicing their characters? I mean: Jeremy Irons is still active (while he’s being Alfred in the DCEU), even Rowan Atkinson (who plays Zazu in the original) is still alive and around as well. Did Disney think they didn’t need those two and even some others that are still alive.

54 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Beyonce is working on new songs, also with elton john but we don't know if they will be in movie or not.

from very recent update from her mom "she’s also heard some of the “beautiful” original music Beyoncé is working on for the remake."

9 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I gotta wonder though: Aside from James Earl Jones, why didn’t Disney bring some of the other original cast to return voicing their characters? I mean: Jeremy Irons is still active (while he’s being Alfred in the DCEU), even Rowan Atkinson (who plays Zazu in the original) is still alive and around as well. Did Disney think they didn’t need those two and even some others that are still alive.

All lions in the remake are African-Americans so no Irons. I don't know the reasoning about the voice for the non-lions.

They're really holding the animals' expressions, mouthing, and signing very very close to their chest on this one. Maybe they didn't want to expose that prematurely while they were still finishing up after the initial backlash over Will Smith's genie. 

Narnia did a good job with animals. Jungle Book did an excellent job with it. No doubt this one will push the envelope further without looking TOO overdone like in Mowgli (Netflix). If you notice, the one time they showed Scar's mouth moving, it was with one word during the line "run away and never come back".  They're clearly waiting to amaze us.

• Like 6

according to Jon Favreau,

And so having Donald Glover and Beyoncé involved, not trying to create new songs but trying to build on what people remember and love about the old ones, has been really fun and formative.

its just the original songs in the film. feels very likely this is really a shot for shot CGI version of the original 😕

there's possibly a Beyonce song that plays during the credits.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Avatree said:

its just the original songs in the film. feels very likely this is really a shot for shot CGI version of the original

Fun fact: Michael Eisner tried to do this back in the 2000s with WDAS catalog having them shot for shot in computer animation.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Avatree said:

according to Jon Favreau,

its just the original songs in the film. feels very likely this is really a shot for shot CGI version of the original 😕

there's possibly a Beyonce song that plays during the credits.

I'm really curious on who they will tap to sing CYFTLT? They had Ari and John Legend for BatB. They had Zayn and Zhavia for AWNW. Maybe they'll get another popular male singer.

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

I'm really curious on who they will tap to sing CYFTLT? They had Ari and John Legend for BatB. They had Zayn and Zhavia for AWNW. Maybe they'll get another popular male singer.

I actually think they’ll just post Glover and Beyoncé doing the music video.

Just now, UserHN said:

given that both the actors are well known singers in the first place I doubt they will get two different pop stars to cover it.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I actually think they’ll just post Glover and Beyoncé doing the music video.

That will be cool if they do that.

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

the fact that they are not pushing Speechless on radio & Spotify is such a wasted opportunity

• Like 1