antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

1 minute ago, InVy said:

the fact that they are not pushing Speechless on radio & Spotify is such a wasted opportunity

Ohh yes. I really like that song. Naomi Scott sang it well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, InVy said:

the fact that they are not pushing Speechless on radio & Spotify is such a wasted opportunity

sometimes these songs take a little while to hit that point. Might see it getting a push in a few weeks time once more people seen the film. I am quite surprised they've focused more on Zayn's Whole New World when speechless seems like a pretty pitch perfect song to resonate with girls/women everywhere.

Edited by Avatree

Posted (edited)

No point really in pushing Speechless as an official single. Radio doesn't really touch these musical songs anymore. Even Let It Go or This Is Me didn't get far with official pushes (neither even hit the top 40 on Top 40 radio). Also, because of streaming a song doesn't need to be an official single anymore to be popular. 

Edited by MovieMan89

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No point really in pushing Speechless as an official single. Radio doesn't really touch these musical songs anymore. Even Let It Go or This Is Me didn't get far with official pushes. Also, because of streaming a song doesn't need to be an official single anymore to be popular. 

greatest showman dominated radio the whole of the last 18 months here.

Its not about "official single" but they can still market these songs online. songs don't reach billions of streams on their own with no effort from the producers.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

greatest showman dominated radio the whole of the last 18 months here.

Its not about "official single" but they can still market these songs online. songs don't reach billions of streams on their own with no effort from the producers.

I'm talking about American radio. U.S. radio hasn't touched any of these kinds of songs in ages. Not like the 90's where the big Disney songs would also go top 10 on radio. And songs don't just get played on U.S. radio without being officially released to a format. I mean they can, but it's extremely rare and basically has to be a case of people demanding it so much the station finally adds it. 

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm talking about American radio. U.S. radio hasn't touched any of these kinds of songs in ages. Not like the 90's where the big Disney songs would also go top 10 on radio. And songs don't just get played on U.S. radio without being officially released to a format. I mean they can, but it's extremely rare and basically has to be a case of people demanding it so much the station finally adds it. 

sorry to sound stupid but if it's released on an album, why can't it be played on the radio? What do you mean?

15 minutes ago, Avatree said:

sorry to sound stupid but if it's released on an album, why can't it be played on the radio? What do you mean?

It needs to be released to a radio format by the label to be played on radio. That's what a single is. And there are several formats of U.S. radio (Top 40, Adult Top 40, Urban, Country, Alternative, etc). A song may only be released to one format or it could be released to a whole bunch. Theoretically it could be played without a release, but the chances of that are slim to none. Not how it works. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

It needs to be released to a radio format by the label to be played on radio. That's what a single is. And there are several formats of U.S. radio (Top 40, Adult Top 40, Urban, Country, Alternative, etc). A song may only be released to one format or it could be released to a whole bunch. Theoretically it could be played without a release, but the chances of that are slim to none. Not how it works. 

Okay, I don't really understand but thats fine. I don' tknow anything about radio really.

Regardless back to the point they can still advertise the song and push it on streaming platforms. A Whole New World appears to be doing okay. Not speechless.

The Cinderella remake is truly the best Disney live action remake so far IMO

Branagh was the perfect director for it cause he would approach it like he would a Shakespeare play which makes sense

IMO fairytales are like Shakespeare plays, both are timeless and contain universally understood archetypes that transcend culture, race, gender, etc

Both are (and should be) passed down from generation to generation through new adaptations that are to fit in the era that they are currently in

These stories are a part of our collective consciousness and they reaffirm our collective beliefs, fears and values

They kinda bring the world together because it means we can all agree on something...

Branagh made minimal changes and that's how it should be, it's how the story is told that matters in this case, he made it more compatible with the new generation but retained its pure and uplifting message and appeal

To those who might have wanted the Cinderella remake to be altered so it's not "pointless" or a "cash grab" are missing the point though I understand why some would want that

The Lion King itself is literally a Shakespeare play and a fairytale combined

One of the oldest and most universal stories ever told, it's the story of Hamlet (Europe) and the story of Horus - Osiris - Isis - Set (Ancient Egypt)

Combine that with the characters all being animals, having no human culture, no human skin color, no religion, no human political affiliations, therefore appealing to all

Cannot get any more universal and archetypal than that

With this perspective, I am so excited to seeing this story being retold once more for this generation and to see the whole world come together as one even for just a few months to get entertained by this movie

Long live the king (stories and their enduring appeal)

Hearing Rogen's voice come out of a hyperrealistic warthog was a trip and a half.

ok, we heard Beyonce, I approve, but we still haven't heard from the main star John Oliver

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

Hearing Rogen's voice come out of a hyperrealistic warthog was a trip and a half.

I was going to comment on how weird it is having Seth Roger be involved in a family movie, but then I remembered that he’s done a few movies with Dreamworks, so I guess this isn’t really anything new for him. 

Me Before This:

Meh

Me After This:

BEYONCÉEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 1

every single shot of the animals talking so far has felt awkward. idk idk.

• Like 5

Still holding back on showing them talking and singing.

Got to be holding back. That CAN'T be it!

19 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Me Before This:

Meh

Me After This:

BEYONCÉEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Every bit of footage released has lowered my anticipation for this movie. My hype peaked with EmpireCity's description of the CinemaCon showcase.   

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

every single shot of the animals talking so far has felt awkward. idk idk.

to be fair you can say the same for TJB and Mowgli trailers. It works when you're immersed in the film, doesn't work in cut up clips/trailer.

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Still holding back on showing them talking and singing.

Got to be holding back. That CAN'T be it!

I have no worries about the talking animals. I watched TJB and I liked it. Same director so I assume he used the same VFX tech as TJB.