Jump to content
antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Avatree said:

sometimes these songs take a little while to hit that point. Might see it getting a push in a few weeks time once more people seen the film. I am quite surprised they've focused more on Zayn's Whole New World when speechless seems like a pretty pitch perfect song to resonate with girls/women everywhere.

 

 

True. I didn't start hearing Let It Go on the radio for instance until I believe late December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty down on first 2 trailers but got goosebumps for today clip with simba and scar fighting and hearing them talk is so natural 

 

2nd biggest movie this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah new trailer didn't make me change my mind sadly.  Didn't like the voice over and still looks kind if, color wise, dull

 

Oh well,  saves me money and I'll catch it when it's out of theaters.

 

But hopefully it's good to those that see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, still looks lifeless. Beyonce saying "Simba" as a CGI lion was also super awkward looking. Me thinks there's a reason they haven't really been showing any of them speak in the trailers. Oddly enough it looks significantly less believable than the talking in TJB. Gives me more vibes of something like Homeward Bound, where you just have real dogs with voices somehow magically coming out of their minds, than it does that these animals are actually talking. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get people’s complaints but reaction to the Tv spot everywhere else is overwhelmingly positive. This is going to be huge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. A lot of negativity here. Which is crazy because I’m seeing the opposite elsewhere besides Reddit. I think it looks really realistic and majestic. Just how I imagined a live-action-like The Lion King would look like. Love Beyonce’s voice and for some reason, Timon and Pumbaa just sound natural to me. The more I’ve seen has me more and more hyped.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Jon Favreau Made An Animated ‘Lion King,’ But He Still Doesn’t Want You To Call It An Animated Film

 

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/jon-favreau-made-an-animated-lion-king-but-he-still-doesnt-want-you-to-call-it-an-animated-film-175028.html

I guessed the writer right. Lol. In case you haven't noticed yet, Amid Amidi has a lot of negative things to say about Disney. Almost all of his recent articles about Disney almost always include snide remarks. Even when Disney movies win awards like Oscars, he always try to belittle the achievement. It's like he has a grudge against Disney.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I guessed the writer right. Lol. In case you haven't noticed yet, Amid Amidi has a lot of negative things to say about Disney. Almost all of his recent articles about Disney almost always include snide remarks. Even when Disney movies win awards like Oscars, he always try to belittle the achievement. It's like he has a grudge against Disney.

OK, so is it animated or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

OK, so is it animated or not?

Oh I don't know. It's not live-action, for sure. But it's also different from the usual animated films like Pixar films. That's why I just call it photorealistic.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the fence about seeing this in theaters, because I like Jon Favreau, but let's be honest guys - Disney could CGI poop for all the characters and people are still going to go see this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Jon Favreau Made An Animated ‘Lion King,’ But He Still Doesn’t Want You To Call It An Animated Film

 

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/jon-favreau-made-an-animated-lion-king-but-he-still-doesnt-want-you-to-call-it-an-animated-film-175028.html

Shh. We can’t call it the photorealistic CGI remake animated because the nostalgics will think it’s too kiddy. Even though it’ll likely be the same movie with the limitations of realism and longer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UserHN said:

Oh I don't know. It's not live-action, for sure. But it's also different from the usual animated films like Pixar films. That's why I just call it photorealistic.

It’s animated. There’s no live action, there may be motion capture but all of this is animated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmbbox2390 said:

Wow. A lot of negativity here. Which is crazy because I’m seeing the opposite elsewhere besides Reddit. I think it looks really realistic and majestic. Just how I imagined a live-action-like The Lion King would look like. Love Beyonce’s voice and for some reason, Timon and Pumbaa just sound natural to me. The more I’ve seen has me more and more hyped.

I don't think many people are disputing how "realistic" it looks.  The issue is whether people want a "realistic" CG-animated version of Lion King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think box office for this will be amazing. Can’t see lower than $600M DOM/$1.4B WW unless the musical numbers are really botched.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Shh. We can’t call it the photorealistic CGI remake animated because the nostalgics will think it’s too kiddy. Even though it’ll likely be the same movie with the limitations of realism and longer.

It's not mo-cap either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this thread breaks the record for "oh some people here are criticizing it?? WELL THE REST OF THE INTERNET LIKES IT!" posts. which on here is an achievement. like... ok?? good for them?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think box office for this will be amazing. Can’t see lower than $600M DOM/$1.4B WW unless the musical numbers are really botched.

try 2 billie WW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.