antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Eichner and Rogen as Timon and Pumbaa might be even more perfect than I thought they would be when they were first announced lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eichner and Rogen as Timon and Pumbaa might be even more perfect than I thought they would be when they were first announced lol.

Too bad their dialogue doesn't seem inspired.

3 hours ago, Nerfy said:

Every bit of footage released has lowered my anticipation for this movie. My hype peaked with EmpireCity's description of the CinemaCon showcase.   

TBF, all the cinemacon audience were moneygrubbing hacks.

How are people who think the CGI designs are lifeless Social Justice Warriors lmao. It's true. I was hyped after the teaser trailer but the CGI designs are so bland. 

Saw this posted on twitter honestly imo looks better than the cgi designs in the movie imo D74zg5nWwAABmAt?format=jpg&name=medium

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

Saw this posted on twitter honestly imo looks better than the cgi designs in the movie imo D74zg5nWwAABmAt?format=jpg&name=medium

Real lions look better than CGI ones....

Who woulda thought?

24 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Real lions look better than CGI ones....

Who woulda thought?

lol it should be the other way around though. CGI lions have more room for more dynamic expression and creative designs lol. 

40 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

All this talk about bland lifeless CGI is going away for the most part after opening weekend, outside of a few detractors.

Yep. Regular people aren’t that bothered

Posted (edited)

If these kind of designs were a big issue to most people then Jungle Book would've been a huge flop

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

If these kind of designs were a big issue to most people then Jungle Book would've been a huge flop

The Jungle Book at least had a human actor.

2 hours ago, ban1o said:

How are people who think the CGI designs are lifeless Social Justice Warriors lmao. It's true. I was hyped after the teaser trailer but the CGI designs are so bland. 

It deprives real animals of equal opportunities in Hollywood. Real animals are underrepresented and thus animals are left to live their lives hunting other animals rather than eating processed food like those who are given real opportunities.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Avatree said:

sometimes these songs take a little while to hit that point. Might see it getting a push in a few weeks time once more people seen the film. I am quite surprised they've focused more on Zayn's Whole New World when speechless seems like a pretty pitch perfect song to resonate with girls/women everywhere.

True. I didn't start hearing Let It Go on the radio for instance until I believe late December.

I was pretty down on first 2 trailers but got goosebumps for today clip with simba and scar fighting and hearing them talk is so natural 

2nd biggest movie this year 

Yeah new trailer didn't make me change my mind sadly.  Didn't like the voice over and still looks kind if, color wise, dull

Oh well,  saves me money and I'll catch it when it's out of theaters.

But hopefully it's good to those that see it.

Posted (edited)

Nope, still looks lifeless. Beyonce saying "Simba" as a CGI lion was also super awkward looking. Me thinks there's a reason they haven't really been showing any of them speak in the trailers. Oddly enough it looks significantly less believable than the talking in TJB. Gives me more vibes of something like Homeward Bound, where you just have real dogs with voices somehow magically coming out of their minds, than it does that these animals are actually talking. 

Edited by MovieMan89

I get people’s complaints but reaction to the Tv spot everywhere else is overwhelmingly positive. This is going to be huge