Jump to content
antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

:ph34r:What make you think Pets2 can make $300M in China.

like the 300 million that pickachu made over there,

 

 oh wait, dont get me wrong i hope the movie does make that much there, but dont be so sure just yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rafiki is probably the most stunningly real looking character I've seen from the film in the promotional clips/trailers, even with most of the CGI being really impressive. The close up of his face looks entirely real to me. 

 

***Potential spoiler alert for those who aren't familiar with the original animated film*** Knowing the incredibly poignant/emotional scene of which he is apart ("he lives in you..." etc), I think again, the film has a real potential to be a visual and emotional experience, if Disney hasn't squandered that opportunity. I lost my dad at the end of last year, and if they've handled that particular scene well, I'm certain I will be a mess. It still remains to be seen how they will handle certain scenes as "live action" (photorealistic CGI), but again, the promotional material so far has me cautiously optimistic.

 

I'm curious to see what the initial reactions from critics/viewers are to the film. 

 

Peace,

Mike

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 8:56 AM, Gavin Feng said:

99% a July date in China.

:OMG:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

 

Rafiki!!!!!

oh my god. Im so excited. John Oliver is going to be awesome sauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

Rafiki is probably the most stunningly real looking character I've seen from the film in the promotional clips/trailers, even with most of the CGI being really impressive. The close up of his face looks entirely real to me. 

 

***Potential spoiler alert for those who aren't familiar with the original animated film*** Knowing the incredibly poignant/emotional scene of which he is apart ("he lives in you..." etc), I think again, the film has a real potential to be a visual and emotional experience, if Disney hasn't squandered that opportunity. I lost my dad at the end of last year, and if they've handled that particular scene well, I'm certain I will be a mess. It still remains to be seen how they will handle certain scenes as "live action" (photorealistic CGI), but again, the promotional material so far has me cautiously optimistic.

 

I'm curious to see what the initial reactions from critics/viewers are to the film. 

 

Peace,

Mike

Maybe it’s just me, but TLK doesn’t look photorealistic to me at all. It looks like state of the art CGI, but CGI nonetheless. That said, it looks “close enough” to photorealistic I think it can wow audiences.

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

Rafiki is probably the most stunningly real looking character I've seen from the film in the promotional clips/trailers, even with most of the CGI being really impressive. The close up of his face looks entirely real to me. 

 

***Potential spoiler alert for those who aren't familiar with the original animated film*** Knowing the incredibly poignant/emotional scene of which he is apart ("he lives in you..." etc), I think again, the film has a real potential to be a visual and emotional experience, if Disney hasn't squandered that opportunity. I lost my dad at the end of last year, and if they've handled that particular scene well, I'm certain I will be a mess. It still remains to be seen how they will handle certain scenes as "live action" (photorealistic CGI), but again, the promotional material so far has me cautiously optimistic.

 

I'm curious to see what the initial reactions from critics/viewers are to the film. 

 

Peace,

Mike

I'm sorry about the loss of your father. I hope he found peace and you as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Maybe it’s just me, but TLK doesn’t look photorealistic to me at all. It looks like state of the art CGI, but CGI nonetheless. That said, it looks “close enough” to photorealistic I think it can wow audiences.

That's totally fair. For me, most of the shots look photorealistic, as in "renders images in an extremely realistic way", with some scenes/shots being excellent (like of the close up of Rafiki - for me, someone could have spliced that into a nature doc trailer and I wouldn't have thought anything of it, with how incredibly and intimately nature docs are shot these days). But there are definitely shots or aspects that don't read as much that way.

 

Peace,

Mike

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'm sorry about the loss of your father. I hope he found peace and you as well.

Thanks cd. I had a very close/deep relationship with my father, so it has been hard (he also died at a relatively young age), but on the flip side, I was lucky to have that kind of relationship with my dad (not everyone does). Grief lives with us forever, but it changes over time, and adds meaning and texture to our lives too. I appreciate you saying this. Cheers.

 

Peace,

Mike

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

Thanks cd. I had a very close/deep relationship with my father, so it has been hard (he also died at a relatively young age), but on the flip side, I was lucky to have that kind of relationship with my dad (not everyone does). Grief lives with us forever, but it changes over time, and adds meaning and texture to our lives too. I appreciate you saying this. Cheers.

 

Peace,

Mike

Sorry about the loss of your father. Mine passed away 4 weeks ago, it hurt like hell and you have my sympathies. I had a mystical experience in my sleep the night he died (he “visited me” and told me he was doing well and not to worry) and it timed up exactly with his time of death... phew.... that gave me some closure but there’s a hole in my heart now and not being able to banter with him is what I miss most. I know I’ll “appreciate” the experience more over time but I sure as hell don’t appreciate it now. Mine died relatively young too (the year he retired...)  

I guess the one thing I’ve learned is don’t put off things in your life too long. I will always be grateful that my Dad and I traveled through China together a couple years ago before he got sick.

 

I’m sure there’s a lot of movies out there now that I’ll see in quite a different light, including The Lion King.

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Sorry about the loss of your father. Mine passed away 4 weeks ago, it hurt like hell and you have my sympathies. I had a mystical experience in my sleep the night he died (he “visited me” and told me he was doing well and not to worry) and it timed up exactly with his time of death... phew.... that gave me some closure but there’s a hole in my heart now and not being able to banter with him is what I miss most. I know I’ll “appreciate” the experience more over time but I sure as hell don’t appreciate it now. Mine died relatively young too (the year he retired...)  

I guess the one thing I’ve learned is don’t put off things in your life too long. I will always be grateful that my Dad and I traveled through China together a couple years ago before he got sick.

 

I’m sure there’s a lot of movies out there now that I’ll see in quite a different light, including The Lion King.

 

Thanks Pure Spirit, and I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father (around the same age my dad died too, who also got sick). So, I truly sympathize as well. Being able to banter with my dad is something I miss too. I'm so glad you were able to have the experience of travelling with your dad through China before he got sick. On your better days, these memories will fill you with that love and gratitude. 

 

The best advice I can give is that there is no wrong way to grieve and no wrong way to feel, and to ignore anyone who tells you otherwise. Grief isn't something you "get over", but something you learn to live with as part of your life, and you are allowed to grieve. 

 

A helpful thing for me personally, in explaining my grief to others, has been the ball in the box metaphor:

https://www.indy100.com/article/grief-viral-thread-lauren-herschel-ball-in-box-analogy-death-8792541

It may be helpful for you.

 

Peace,

Mike

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just dream my grandparents are still alive. They don't even say anything to me. I wonder what that means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Thanks cd. I had a very close/deep relationship with my father, so it has been hard (he also died at a relatively young age), but on the flip side, I was lucky to have that kind of relationship with my dad (not everyone does). Grief lives with us forever, but it changes over time, and adds meaning and texture to our lives too. I appreciate you saying this. Cheers.

 

Peace,

Mike

That is a very incredible take on things given your grief. I'm with you on a lot of that. Making the most of today when tomorrow isn't a certainty is what I try to live by.

 

I left my job 2 years ago and moved to England from Texas for my wife's job as a stay at home dad. It's been tough finding a job now back in the States but it was worth it and I would do it again. Best thing about that connection is the memories you have of him. He lives within you forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Sorry about the loss of your father. Mine passed away 4 weeks ago, it hurt like hell and you have my sympathies. I had a mystical experience in my sleep the night he died (he “visited me” and told me he was doing well and not to worry) and it timed up exactly with his time of death... phew.... that gave me some closure but there’s a hole in my heart now and not being able to banter with him is what I miss most. I know I’ll “appreciate” the experience more over time but I sure as hell don’t appreciate it now. Mine died relatively young too (the year he retired...)  

I guess the one thing I’ve learned is don’t put off things in your life too long. I will always be grateful that my Dad and I traveled through China together a couple years ago before he got sick.

 

I’m sure there’s a lot of movies out there now that I’ll see in quite a different light, including The Lion King.

 

giphy.gif

We argue about stupid stuff but it's clear to me you are a caring person who lost a father way too early. That's absolutely horrible on the year of retirement and a fear of mine as well. On my dad's side everyone other than him died (he's 69). My mother's side nearly everyone lived to 90+ with some in the 100s. I've barely traveled much with my dad but I got him to come to England twice so moving forced him to which was 2 great short trips.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the TV spot, I hate all the shots that 100% copy the compositions of the original. Really feels like watching a videogame adaptation. 

  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, movies!movies! said:

 

"sequences of violence and peril"

 

...

 

There really are only three ratings for films nowadays, aren't there?  :kitschjob:

 

(some cartoons apparently have a legacy pass)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.