antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

you do know that all  the scenes that we have see so far, the animals dont talk at all right ? , they used tha same formula with jungle book and the animals were fantastic, i dont see why this will be different, also dont expect to see human expressions, 

The animals in the Jungle Book looked relatively more cartoony. Nowhere near as photorealistic as this. And that movie also had a human kid (who couldn't really emote himself but still was enough to get the audiences to relate). This movie is all animals.

• Thanks 1

Just now, john2000 said:

i said emotions not talking, my point is we have a very small smaple size to judge

You said they don't talk at all... but they do... Timon and Pumba talked... so which is it? 

• Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)

If this is anything near the quality of the CG animals in TJB, then it will be great. TJB is a fantastic movie.

Edited by UserHN

11 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

You said they don't talk at all... but they do... Timon and Pumba talked... so which is it? 

i edited

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The animals in the Jungle Book looked relatively more cartoony. Nowhere near as photorealistic as this. And that movie also had a human kid (who couldn't really emote himself but still was enough to get the audiences to relate). This movie is all animals.

of course, and also lets not forget that jungle book came 3 years ago, the technology wasnt as good

On 6/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, Hatebox said:

Looking at the TV spot, I hate all the shots that 100% copy the compositions of the original. Really feels like watching a videogame adaptation. 

Bad news about the animated movie (1994):

It was never "original". It was copied, shot for shot, from a superior Japanese anime. (Animes are always superior to Western movies. Except when we are talking big screen (FUCK Netflix!!) LIVE adaptations. Then movies like Alita 1 (2019) are VASTLY superior to their Japanese predecessors.) Also, its plot is stolen from Hamlet. Who wants to see second rate Shakespeare with warthogs??!! Not the Shay, not the Shay...

• Not Cool 5

Good news about the REAL movie (2019):

You people keep making the same basic mistake as with Aladdin and who knows how many others before. It genuinely hurts the generally good-natured Shay to watch you struggle. So let me explain it to you as for slow folks - and save you all future torment:

1. This is Disney. They have enough money.

2. These are just teasers. They are not showing the real deal ON PURPOSE.

3. These are just teasers. There's more than enough time to fix everything that needs fixing.

4. Has something like that been done before (JB) ? Then yes - this will be even better!

5. Has something like that been done before? No? Even if this is true, then this will STILL be very good.

6. When was the last time people were disappointed by the visuals of an expensive movie? Of a Disney movie?? Never.

Bottom line:

1. This will be a visual masterpiece that will gather tons of love, praise and money on that alone.

2. This will be the same basic dumb story, because it can not escape the animated movie in that respect - but you will love it for it.

3. This is guaranteed to make many changes and improvements to the basic dumb story of the animated movie, as Aladdin did.

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 2

4 hours ago, shayhiri said:

It was never "original". It was copied, shot for shot, from a superior Japanese anime. (Animes are always superior to Western movies. Except when we are talking big screen (FUCK Netflix!!) LIVE adaptations. Then movies like Alita 1 (2019) are VASTLY superior to their Japanese predecessors.) Also, its plot is stolen from Hamlet. Who wants to see second rate Shakespeare with warthogs??!! Not the Shay, not the Shay...

which anime was Lion King copied shot for shot from?

I think there was a lawsuit and Disney gave them hush money.

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Not shot for shot but Google Kimba the white lion. Suffice to say similarities are there.... everywhere.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Avatree said:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was copied shot for shot, since there are differences, but shayhiri is obviously referring to the Kimba the White Lion controversy.

Edited by WittyUsername

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was copied shot for shot, since there are differences, but shayhiri is obviously referring to the Kimba the White Lion controversy.

Thanks, that's actually really interesting. I thought Shay was just off on his usual BS, I had not heard of that.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, shayhiri said:

If you think that the plot of the Lion King is stolen from Hamlet then you clearly haven't read or watched Hamlet

Edited by Menor

Holy fuck, that was a blatant rip-off.

34 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Thanks, that's actually really interesting. I thought Shay was just off on his usual BS, I had not heard of that.

Don’t bother watching it, it’s fucking horrible.

Maybe Disney homage to Hamlet? they sanitize and kiddify everything so...:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sindreee said:

Don’t bother watching it, it’s fucking horrible.

Then how is the Disney copy (yall favourite childhood movie) any good? ;)

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Not shot for shot but Google Kimba the white lion. Suffice to say similarities are there.... everywhere.

Google Hamlet - similarities are there - 400+ years earlier than Kimba :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Menor said:

If you think that the plot of the Lion King is stolen from Hamlet then you clearly haven't read or watched Hamlet

It's Hamlet without the final all encompassing blood bath.  Or Hamlet, if Hamlet was smarter and more emotionally mature and stable.  And cuter and fluffy.  With more catchy tunes.

• Like 3

One can even make the argument that Lion King might be inspired more by Shakespeare's Henry IV than Shakespeare's Hamlet. (btw Kyle Kallgren is a talented and smart YouTuber, and I like his stuff. Go watch him)