antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's Hamlet without the final all encompassing blood bath.  Or Hamlet, if Hamlet was smarter and more emotionally mature and stable.  And cuter and fluffy.  With more catchy tunes.

I mean to be honest I don't see many similarities with Hamlet beyond the initial premise of the uncle killing the king/father.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Menor said:

I mean to be honest I don't see many similarities with Hamlet beyond the initial premise of the uncle killing the king/father.

It's been a while sInce I've read Hamlet (it was my 2nd favorite SHakespeare play though), but off the top of my head there's also the "seeing his father's ghost" thing, both Hamlet and Simba are exiled, and both took revenge on their uncles. 

Same sort of thing with the sequel movies. 2 is so obviously Romeo and Juliet that is practically beats you over the head with it (minus both dying at the end), and from what I heard 1 1/2 was based on Rosencranz and Guildenstern Are Dead (which is based off of Shakespeare's characters).

Edited by FrozenUnicorn

5 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

It's been a while sInce I've read Hamlet (it was my 2nd favorite SHakespeare play though), but off the top of my head there's also the "seeing his father's ghost" thing, both Hamlet and Simba are exiled, and both took revenge on their uncles. 

Same sort of thing with the sequel movies. 2 is so obviously Romeo and Juliet that is practically beats you over the head with it, and from what I heard 1 1/2 was based on Rosencranz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Ok yeah but the "rightful king is exiled and takes revenge" plot is not a Hamlet-specific thing, it's a pretty common trope. And the seeing father's ghost was in very different situations iirc (for me it's the opposite, been a while since I've seen TLK but I read Hamlet very recently). Haven't seen 2 or 1 1/2 so I can't comment on that. 

9 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

According to Fandango the movie is 118 minutes.

That’s about 20 minutes longer than the original. That would obviously suggest that there will be a fair amount of scenes in the film that aren’t just taken from the original, but the cynical side of me thinks that might just be so they could pad out the runtime in order to make the film seem more “epic”.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That’s about 20 minutes longer than the original. That would obviously suggest that there will be a fair amount of scenes in the film that aren’t just taken from the original, but the cynical side of me thinks that might just be so they could pad out the runtime in order to make the film seem more “epic”.

As well as hinting at a brand new hyena lair – so that's no more elephant graveyard – Favreau hinted that his Lion King will "actually deviate a great deal" from the animation.

"If you look at the plot points, it tracks pretty accurately to the old one," he said. "But if you watched the films side by side you'd realise they actually deviate a great deal."

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a28033489/lion-king-2019-hyenas-change/

20 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The theater version is 2:30 hrs with an intermission which are 10-120 minutes so they already have the quality material for that length.

3 minutes ago, Royce said:

As well as hinting at a brand new hyena lair – so that's no more elephant graveyard – Favreau hinted that his Lion King will "actually deviate a great deal" from the animation.

"If you look at the plot points, it tracks pretty accurately to the old one," he said. "But if you watched the films side by side you'd realise they actually deviate a great deal."

Well, yeah. Favreau is the director of the film. He’s not going to just come out and say “Yeah, our new film is basically just a copy of the old one, but with a bunch of additional scenes that pretty much only exist to pad out the runtime!”

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

30 minutes, to be exact. 

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

30 minutes, to be exact. 

Right. I got my math wrong there. 

Read the novelization. It's pretty close to the original movie but there are some additions, particularly expanding the roles of two characters - one that's obvious and the other that's kinda surprising. 

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Read the novelization. It's pretty close to the original movie but there are some additions, particularly expanding the roles of two characters - one that's obvious and the other that's kinda surprising. 

I can't wait for Timon's exclusively gay moment on the big screen.

Morning report song confirmed..?:thinking:,,

7 hours ago, Royce said:

I've always been happy when they take this approach. And I still cheer for it.

But after the trauma of Dumbo, this also terrifies me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I haven't read the novelizatuin because I want to keep it a surprise, but here's my guesses on the characters: 

Obvious: Scar (given the dIalogue in the trailers) 

Surprising: Nala (since Elton John was working on a new song for her)

Posted (edited)

Is Nala aspiring to be the new leader of the lion pride? :sparta:

Damn, I'd love that. The drama would be so funny. Maybe have her talk about how the females do all the hunting (this is kinda real btw, but not that simple).

Edited by WhiteWings

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Sarabi will finally get her due as the mother of lions?

Edited by darthdevidem01
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

Is Nala aspiring to be the new leader of the lion pride? :sparta:

Damn, I'd love that. The drama would be so funny. Maybe have her talk about how the females do all the hunting (this is kinda real btw, but not that simple).

I'm all for getting another Speechless, I adored that song in Aladdin. 

If Disney plays their song cards right, when it comes to Best Original Song I might be okay with any of the nominated songs winning.

20 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

I'm all for getting another Speechless, I adored that song in Aladdin. 

If Disney plays their song cards right, when it comes to Best Original Song I might be okay with any of the nominated songs winning.

I can‘t picture the next Oscar without a Best Original Song Award for the inevitable new Beyoncé solo song.