antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

4 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Nope, unless it really gets Incredible WOM & trending.

EndGame was a different beast altogether, EndGame had bigger craze then any Bollywood movie in recent history. Nothing compared to its craze in India. 

Holy cow, just looked at the numbers Endgame did in India. That's amazing.

2 hours ago, Royce said:

D9Se3Y4UYAAfGBk.jpg:large

I love this poster. The best one yet. Why are the movie international posters almost always better than domestic ones?

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I love this poster. The best one yet. Why are the movie international posters almost always better than domestic ones?

Much bigger population to please

TTVOMJ

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

Holy cow, just looked at the numbers Endgame did in India. That's amazing.

Yes they are, i mean lifetime could have been bit more, but market for Hollywood is bit limited in India for lifetime biz and EndGame did it to the upper limit of the potential for a Hollywood movie.

But for the initial it took, it was extraordinary, none of Bollywood movies in recent history has come close to what it did in terms of opening, and none will in near future, such was the craze.

The Lion King (2019) will become the highest grossing film of all time

(I'd make a club but I'd be too lazy to update the thread)

• There's not a single demographic that it doesn't appeal to. Star Wars is weak in Asia (minus Japan) and Latin America, Avengers isn't as big in Japan and Europe and both appeal to males more than females... TLK appeals to all much like Titanic and Avatar
  • An example of this crazy universal appeal: The Lion King stage musical adaptation has grossed more than $6.2 billion worldwide, making it the biggest box office hit of any work in any medium of all time. People all over the world keep flocking to see it for years now (even if the story hasn't changed a bit :o). It's even coming to Antarctica... 
  • Nostalgia (TFA) + Technological marvel that just needs to be seen on the big screen (Avatar) = TLK
  • Disney is at its ultimate peak right now and its absolute power and influence on the GA has never been stronger
  • Aladdin would've been bigger than BATB if it had a better director and marketing, TLK has both... Favreau made a remake of an old 60s cartoon no one cares about gross almost a billion, Dumbo who?
  • Voice cast/dubbing that can include some A-listers in each respective market, for example DOM = Beyoncé, Donald Glover, Seth Rogen, etc., India = Shah Rukh Khan, etc. (Ok this point might be a reach but there's just a level of prestige surrounding this project that attracts celebrities and so it feels a lot more zeitgeist-y, hope this trend of recruiting local A-listers for the dubbing continues)
  • Virtually no competition, no upcoming family tentpoles until Frozen II (unless you count the live action Dora the Explorer, Angry Birds 2 and Maleficent: To Bomb Like Alice 2 as competition)

TL;DR - The Lion King (2019) will become the highest grossing film of all time until Avatar 2 surpasses it sometime in 2022

Image result for jon favreau james cameron

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I do agree that the movie has potential to beat avatar 

theres a demographic that endgame didn’t reach.

my mom had no interest for it but she’s super excited for lion king 

lion king will appeal to families in summer but still reach people like me who are the masses that go to Thursday premieres 

Edited by Minnale101
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Alright, I'll be the one to bite.

Could someone actually give me the numbers for DOM, China, and INT-China that gets TLK to 2.79b?

• Like 3

TLK won't beat Avatar. That's reaching. If EG couldn't beat Avatar, I can't see how TLK could do it. I'm one of the biggest fans of TLK, but come on now, let's be realistic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

TLK won't beat Avatar. That's reaching. If EG couldn't (without a push) beat Avatar, I can't see how TLK could do it. I'm one of the biggest fans of TLK, but come on now, let's be realistic.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Royce said:

• There's not a single demographic that it doesn't appeal to. Star Wars is weak in Asia (minus Japan) and Latin America, Avengers isn't as big in Japan and Europe and both appeal to males more than females... TLK appeals to all much like Titanic and Avatar
  • An example of this crazy universal appeal: The Lion King stage musical adaptation has grossed more than $6.2 billion worldwide, making it the biggest box office hit of any work in any medium of all time. People all over the world keep flocking to see it for years now (even if the story hasn't changed a bit :o). It's even coming to Antarctica... 
  • Nostalgia (TFA) + Technological marvel that just needs to be seen on the big screen (Avatar) = TLK
  • Disney is at its ultimate peak right now and its absolute power and influence on the GA has never been stronger
  • Aladdin would've been bigger than BATB if it had a better director and marketing, TLK has both... Favreau made a remake of an old 60s cartoon no one cares about gross almost a billion, Dumbo who?
  • Voice cast/dubbing that can include some A-listers in each respective market, for example DOM = Beyoncé, Donald Glover, Seth Rogen, etc., India = Shah Rukh Khan, etc. (Ok this point might be a reach but there's just a level of prestige surrounding this project that attracts celebrities and so it feels a lot more zeitgeist-y, hope this trend of recruiting local A-listers for the dubbing continues)
  • Virtually no competition, no upcoming family tentpoles until Frozen II (unless you count the live action Dora the Explorer, Angry Birds 2 and Maleficent: To Bomb Like Alice 2 as competition)

TL;DR - The Lion King (2019) will become the highest grossing film of all time until Avatar 2 surpasses it sometime in 2022

dont use outdated info ... 😕 as much as i like information.. it needs to be correct! Tlk 6b < many things in entertainment nowadays o.O

Edit: that antarctica part... planet of the average coffee mugs:/

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Added content

4 hours ago, Royce said:

It's like you never know scenario, TLK is expected to do around 1.5-2 billion. With chances of going past Titanic even.

Now can it so the unthinkable and manages to do something which even EndGame couldn't? Beat Avatar.

It needs one thing for that, incredible WOM almost everywhere in the world and it'll be fine, because OW will be huge and is WOM is excellent then it could build onto it. 

You don't necessarily need 300+ weekend to have a chance at Avatar, a 225-250 million weekend Domestic, a big weekend overseas and Excellent WOM is needed.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's like you never know scenario, TLK is expected to do around 1.5-2 billion. With chances of going past Titanic even.

Now can it so the unthinkable and manages to do something which even EndGame couldn't? Beat Avatar.

It needs one thing for that, incredible WOM almost everywhere in the world and it'll be fine, because OW will be huge and is WOM is excellent then it could build onto it. 

You don't necessarily need 300+ weekend to have a chance at Avatar, a 225-250 million weekend Domestic, a big weekend overseas and Excellent WOM is needed.

and 500 plus in china which wont happen , plus again endgame can beat avatar if disney give it a push, which is likely i would say

Edited by john2000

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

and 500 plus in china which wont happen , plus again endgame can beat avatar if disney give it a push, which is likely i would say

Yeah but i said excellent WOM. I've seen a movie doing 190 million lifetime after opening to 2.5 million opening day in China. As i said it's about you never know, but one thing is for sure that if there is one movie they had potential after EG then it is this one.

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yeah but i said excellent WOM. I've seen a movie doing 190 million lifetime after opening to 2.5 million opening day in China. As i said it's about you never know, but one thing is for sure that if there is one movie they had potential after EG then it is this one.

still you are talking about 850 dom and 1500/1600 without china that wont happen, not only will need  a 3,4 multi with 250 but 1,5/1,6 , even with the best of the best wom that wont happen, at least os, the lion wont be bigger than eg in most asia countries, and while it will probably be bigger than eg in europe, it wont be as big as tfa, and still a 3,4 multi from a 250 ow even for a summer movie , seems very unrealistic, that being said this movie has a good chance of topping 2 bill, and yes if one movie could challenge eg is this one but still

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm sure TLK will do incredibly well, seeing as the original grossed incredibly high thRough its multiple releases. But will it beat Avatar? ProBably a stretch. 

Also @Royce, the Broadway play isn't coming to Antarctica—that video is an April Fool's joke. An incredibly well-down April Fool's joke, true, but a joke. Hence the release date of the video and the supposed release of the Antarctica production.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

I'm sure TLK will do incredibly well, seeing as the original grossed incredibly high thRough its multiple releases. But will it beat Avatar? ProBably a stretch. 

Also @Royce, the Broadway play isn't coming to Antarctica—that video is an April Fool's joke. An incredibly well-down April Fool's joke, true, but a joke. Hence the release date of the video and the supposed release of the AntarcticA production. 

TLK expected to do around $1.5 To $2 B ....  movie wont beat Avatar ...

44 minutes ago, john2000 said:

still you are talking about 850 dom and 1500/1600 without china that wont happen, not only will need  a 3,4 multi with 250 but 1,5/1,6 , even with the best of the best wom that wont happen, at least os, the lion wont be bigger than eg in most asia countries, and while it will probably be bigger than eg in europe, it wont be as big as tfa, and still a 3,4 multi from a 250 ow even for a summer movie , seems very unrealistic, that being said this movie has a good chance of topping 2 bill, and yes if one movie could challenge eg is this one but still

Spot on ....  movie cant do 1500/1600 without china ...TLK wont topping AEG in Asian markets ... & same thing in Europe .. movie cant beat TFA ... cant say much about SA 

overall TLK has potential to beat Titanic ... 

45 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Well EG & Avatar are not of stretch i agree, but it can beat IW & TFA and possibly even Titanic. I guess that will be good too :P:P

• Like 1

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Well EG & Avatar are not of stretch i agree, but it can beat IW & TFA and possibly even Titanic. I guess that will be good too :P:P

yes ... movie can beat Titanic , IW & TFA ... 

India will be interesting ...  TLK has huge base in india ... same thing here in pakistan ...