antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

2 hours ago, UserHN said:

TLK won't beat Avatar. That's reaching. If EG couldn't beat Avatar, I can't see how TLK could do it. I'm one of the biggest fans of TLK, but come on now, let's be realistic.

i m with you ... TLK wont beat Avatar .... 

19 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I don't want this to beat EG anywhere. sorry, the year should belong to end of an era movie not just some remake no matter how popular and state of the art.

I am sorry, but Spain is candidate to do that. I can see TLK beating EG here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, peludo said:

what Spanish stars are voicing there? :)

lmao you sound like alita fans :)

If anything it will be a 4billy movie in your heart.

TLK won't be Avatar. Avatar 2 won't be Avatar. Nothing will anytime soon unless EG gets re-released

Posted (edited)

I honestly don't understand why some people want EG to fall at all let alone to this. No movie deserved to win at least 2019 more than EG. On all fronts - dom, OS, WW. 

is that because of Beyonce? lol, every country will get their own star to voice characters, so it won't be her credit. try harder. this is like Gagastans vs Venom. 

Edited by Valonqar

On 6/15/2019 at 9:01 PM, shayhiri said:

Then how is the Disney copy (yall favourite childhood movie) any good? ;)

Go watch it then, can’t compare them in the slightest. But don’t say I didn’t warn you, it’s garbage.

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is that because of Beyonce?

what the hell is that GIF by Justin

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

as a Venom fan, you should know how aggressive music star-turned-movie starlet fans are. 

Posted (edited)

Idk why people are so sure it's not going to beat Avatar. Everyone was so sure Endgame wasn't going to reach it... And look what happened. Same thing with Avatar and Titanic. Everyone was sure they weren't going to the highest grossing films. And people are doing the same thing with Lion King. 

I'm not saying it's going to happen just saying there's like a 1% chance lol. 

Edited by thenerdal
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, thenerdal said:

Idk why people are so sure it's not going to beat Avatar. Everyone was so sure Endgame wasn't going to reach it... And look what happened. Same thing with Avatar and Titanic. Everyone was sure they weren't going to the highest grossing films. And people are doing the same thing with Lion King. 

I'm not saying it's going to happen just saying there's like a 1% chance lol. 

I'm not sure which is why I'm panicking over EG. :lol: I wouldn't even comment here if I wasn't scared. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

what Spanish stars are voicing there? :)

If I am not wrong there are not local stars dubbing the film. The main problem relative to the original here is that Mufasa was dubbed in 1994 by Constantino Romero, a very well known TV and radio showman and dubbing actor. He sadly died in 2013.

His dubbings are legendary in Spain since beyond Mufasa, he was Darth Vader, Terminator, Apollo Creed, all Clint Eastwood's roles (obviously until 2013), James Bond (Roger Moore), Captain Kirk in Star Trek or even Roy Batty in Blade Runner.

Said this, I do not think this will be a big problem for its success.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I honestly don't understand why some people want EG to fall at all let alone to this. No movie deserved to win at least 2019 more than EG. On all fronts - dom, OS, WW

is that because of Beyonce? lol, every country will get their own star to voice characters, so it won't be her credit. try harder. this is like Gagastans vs Venom. 

We are in June. Let's wait until the end of the year if there is a better film than EG...

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, peludo said:

If I am not wrong there are not local stars dubbing the film. The main problem relative to the original here is that Mufasa was dubbed in 1994 by Constantino Romero, a very well known TV and radio showman and dubbing actor. He sadly died in 2013.

His dubbings are legendary in Spain since beyond Mufasa, he was Darth Vader, Terminator, Apollo Creed, all Clint Eastwood's roles (obviously until 2013), James Bond (Roger Moore), Captain Kirk in Star Trek or even Roy Batty in Blade Runner.

Said this, I do not think this will be a big problem for its success.

oh, wow didn't know that! Thanks! :)

We are in June. Let's wait until the end of the year if there is a better film than EG...

since Chernobyl is TV that's a no. ;)

Edited by Valonqar

3 hours ago, peludo said:

Not only in Spain ... i think in most of European markets TLK is the candidate Of highest grossing film in 2019 .. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

TLK won't be Avatar. Avatar 2 won't be Avatar. Nothing will anytime soon unless EG gets re-released

Agreed .... movie is expected to do $1.5 To $2 B WW maximum ... (that would be massive)

44 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Not only in Spain ... i think in most of European markets TLK is the candidate Of highest grossing film in 2019 .. 

I think few markets like UK, Russia etc Endgame would remain the years best. But the rest it would be bad if nothing beats Endgame. It was far from record breaking.

But no movie is gonna come close to Endgame in Domestc/Asia/Latin America.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think few markets like UK, Russia etc Endgame would remain the years best. But the rest it would be bad if nothing beats Endgame. It was far from record breaking.

But no movie is gonna come close to Endgame in Domestc/Asia/Latin America.

right .... Asian / Latin countries records are really out of reach for any upcoming film .. i dont see any film can come close to those mighty records ...

Edited by Sunny Max

10 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

right .... Asian / Latin countries records are really out of reach for any upcoming film .. i dont see any film can come close to those mighty records ...

Not all asian markets. I forgot Japan. Aladdin could come close to double the Endgame gross. TS4 will also comfortably beat Endgame and I am sure Frozen 2 will crush all other films. SW9 should beat Endgame as well. So in Japan Endgame may not finish in Top 5 despite over performing there significantly.