Jump to content
antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not all asian markets. I forgot Japan. Aladdin could come close to double the Endgame gross. TS4 will also comfortably beat Endgame and I am sure Frozen 2 will crush all other films. SW9 should beat Endgame as well. So in Japan Endgame may not finish in Top 5 despite over performing there significantly.

Agreed ... but i count complete region (1 or 2 market doesn't matter) Japan is a totally different market ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Agreed ... but i count complete region (1 or 2 market doesn't matter) Japan is a totally different market ..

I agree as well. just was looking for countries where Endgame records are beatable. Mexico is another possibility. Endgame did not crush Coco. So another animation movie that is relatable could beat it though nothing this year will do it. UK was not a record but I doubt any movie this year will beat it. Next year Bond should do it. China its safe until Avatar 2.

Brazil to me is the most impressive OS market(amazing legs after crazy OW). I doubt anything come close for years.

Anyway I am digressing as this is Lion King thread. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hope TLK is a mass crowd-pleaser like Aladdin, but on a considerably bigger scale & with much better reviews.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree as well. just was looking for countries where Endgame records are beatable. Mexico is another possibility. Endgame did not crush Coco. So another animation movie that is relatable could beat it though nothing this year will do it. UK was not a record but I doubt any movie this year will beat it. Next year Bond should do it. China its safe until Avatar 2.

Brazil to me is the most impressive OS market(amazing legs after crazy OW). I doubt anything come close for years.

Anyway I am digressing as this is Lion King thread. 🙂

Endgame grosses $76 M in Mexico .. Coco did $57 M ....  are you talking about in local currency ??

 

About UK .. i m also not sure  .. but anything is possible ..TLK-94 did 23 M pounds with 8.08 Admissions in UK ..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Endgame grosses $76 M in Mexico .. Coco did $57 M ....  are you talking about in local currency ??

 

About UK .. i m also not sure  .. but anything is possible ..TLK-94 did 23 M pounds with 8.08 Admissions in UK ..

 

 

Yes. I am amazed its so disparate in $. Admission wise they are very close if I am not wrong.

 

To come back to TLK, I dont want to predict record numbers but its gonna do great. I am hoping for 600m domestic and 1.5B WW. But if its reviews are at Jungle Book level it could go higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Yes. I am amazed its so disparate in $. Admission wise they are very close if I am not wrong.

 

To come back to TLK, I dont want to predict record numbers but its gonna do great. I am hoping for 600m domestic and 1.5B WW. But if its reviews are at Jungle Book level it could go higher.

yep ... this is the maximum movie could do ... $1.5 To $2 B ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theater already has showtimes up for the weekend this opens (guess they officially go on sale Monday) and have it booked on 5 screens so far. Definitely a sign of big numbers incoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can dig the vocals so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Andy said:

 

 

Beyonce! She sound so good omg.... 

 

Glover is meh. They should have cast a Rnb singer in the role. 

Edited by ban1o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah that's bad and this keeps getting worse, FOR ME.  Figured I'd put the "for me" part since people get defensive 😛

 

I realize this is going to be massively huge though.  There is no argument from me about that.  

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney needs to make Favreau their Spielberg and lock him up. Give him whatever he wants.

 

Jungle Book 2, Magic Kingdom, whatever.

 

They don’t need JJ Abrams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They REALLY won't show us the animal's emotions or mouth movements STILL to this day. Either they are holding back to WOW us or they, um, don't want to show it for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jedijake said:

They REALLY won't show us the animal's emotions or mouth movements STILL to this day. Either they are holding back to WOW us or they, um, don't want to show it for some reason.

 

It's going to be the same at The Jungle Book. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, jedijake said:

They REALLY won't show us the animal's emotions or mouth movements STILL to this day. Either they are holding back to WOW us or they, um, don't want to show it for some reason.

It is curious that they are not showing it. My guess is they just want to avoid any possible internet brouhaha...

 

Seeing a trailer is different than watching a movie and seeing things unfold / in context.

Edited by Elessar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jedijake said:

They REALLY won't show us the animal's emotions or mouth movements STILL to this day. Either they are holding back to WOW us or they, um, don't want to show it for some reason.

 

They show Mufasa's lips moving in this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.