antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

dead at it being posted on beyonce's youtube first.

Presale tickets are going to be bonkers. Can’t wait until they reveal the merch for this movie.

In perfect harmonyyyyy

DIXTh7.gif

The queen keeps delivering this year.

• Like 1

Oh GAWD the mouth movements are .....I was going to say awful but non-existent is a better word.

They seem like a terrible vantriloquist who can't make the puppet talk without opening his/her mouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Oh GAWD the mouth movements are .....I was going to say awful but non-existent is a better word.

They seem like a terrible vantriloquist who can't make the puppet talk without opening his/her mouth.

Uh what? I'm pretty sure I saw Mufasa's mouth opening while talking. And he seems like he's actually talking.

• Like 1

Again the legs on this one is how they handle the musical numbers as I’d imagine from what we have saw most of the mouth movements have been somewhat mixed at least going by here. But if it doesn’t feel authentic to the GA, it’ll show in its legs. Still think it’ll do a $200M+ OW with ease.

14 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Uh what? I'm pretty sure I saw Mufasa's mouth opening while talking. And he seems like he's actually talking.

Barely. I watched it a few times. Compared to Baloo in TJB, it was like Mufasa was chewing on something and they put words over it. I'm sure it will be better than that but something seems REALLY off at the moment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Barely. I watched it a few times. Compared to Baloo in TJB, it was like Mufasa was chewing on something and they put words over it. I'm sure it will be better than that but something seems REALLY off at the moment.

We've barely seen any talking to begin with. Seems far too early to make assumptions given how little we've seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Oh Christ in a handbasket, the lip motions for Mufasa match Shere Khan and Bagheera from Jungle Book.

EXACTLY the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't think TLK seems that impressive based on trailers / TV spots, i don't get all the "soulless" complains, but it does seems a little cheap.

But last night i went to see TS4 [which is great btw] and they show TLK trailer in 3D and i must say... seems like another movie on theater screen, it's magnificent and so well done, for people who are judging based on 30 seconds spots on their computers, i think they'll be surprised.

Also i heard applauses yesterday for TLK trailer, the only other time i see this is for EG trailer.

No, i'm not saying this will be huge like EG, but the buzz with the GP seems really strong, way more than some people think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

That you want there to be something REALLY off at the moment?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

D9xLwPFXUAEmYOC.jpg

D9xLBFnW4AAlNYJ.jpg

D9xOBE1W4AEOkMU.jpg

D9xVSdZXsAACNYo.jpg

Hype!!!

Edited by Royce
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Wonder how this remake will pull off the songs? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Cause all of the songs in the animated original film, are the memorable & perfect highlights. ”Circle of Life”, ”I Just Can’t Wait to be King”, ”Be Prepared”, ”Hakuna Matata” & ”Can You Feel the Love Tonight” are all some of the greatest Disney songs of not just the Disney Renaissance, but even period. 💁🏻‍♀️ 

Do you guys love all of TLK’s songs too?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, imbruglia said:

dead at it being posted on beyonce's youtube first.

Its because she’s the main hook. 

23 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Do you guys love all of TLK’s songs too?

600M DOM completely depends on how they handle the songs in my opinion.

• Like 1

That they've shown barely anything of the animals actually speaking or singing makes me very concerned. Bad uncanny valley in that area could really hurt it if it doesn't work (which wasn't a problem in Jungle Book, but that still had a human character and much much less singing).

It's been 25 years since the first movie came out and I still don't see what the fuss is about.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

I have this hunch that the really good audience reception and WOM of Aladdin will have a positive effect on TLK. It will convince those who are wary of live-action remakes to give this a chance. That Disney might have done justice to this too. That kind of thinking.

• Like 2