antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

Finally confirm on the songs. Billion dollar domestic back on the tables, boys. 

I mistook your for someone else.  Still couldn't tell it was sarcastic at all. Guess my meter is off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

"We learned a lot on The Jungle Book, and one of the things we learned is that if you push the facial expressions on an animal too much it starts to look less like an animal and more like a human"

I agree with him 100%. Just enough facial expression, not too much.

I for one consider this furry erasure and am offended at Favreau’s mindset

• Haha 2

This has a few new scenes in the announcement with Glover and JD McCrary. I think the animals look and emote just fine. 

21 minutes ago, Royce said:

Soundtrack coming July 11 (digital) and July 19 (physical)

Alright, alright, alright -- no sarcasm here, 100% Serious -- this is the Disney Event of the Year.  We basically need to look at this like a Beyoncé album with the movie as the Visual Album companion piece.  Will her fans rush out to give BOT that giant 200M+ OW we all seem to desperately want?  Or will endless plays of TBA be enough to keep them happy until this hits Disney+?  In mind, that's the only question.  

21 minutes ago, Royce said:

All the songs from the original are here plus "TBA" which is probably the new Beyoncé song and "Never Too Late" by Elton John

Also "He Lives in You" from the musical

SOOOOOO EXCITED for an Elton John v Elton John Oscar Race for Best Song -- that he loses to Beyoncé . Either way, it will be a fun show if we get Bey performing TBA and then John and Egerton on "Love Me Again."

• Disbelief 1

A new Elton John song? Okay, immediate purchase for me. Okay, let's face it, I was going to immediately get it anyway.

• Like 1

Lmao at all this talk of a major portion of box office sales being solely because Beyoncé fans are gonna rush the box office. They can listen to her one song anywhere online. Ones that are going just to hear Beyoncé’s voice and no other reason would be an extremely niche number of tickets sold at best. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Premium George said:

Not on this thread. Most "Cinema enthusiast" on this forum are anti-disney.

Also, I feel like due to TJB, people are taking this movie for granted. Even with all the CGI movies, live action of TLK is nuts and awesome. This is not like BatB, this is huge amount of work.

All movies are a huge amount of work.

Jon Favreau held a press conference this morning in Mexico City and right now it has a Q&A session with fans. Best takes from the morning: 

1. Movie was just finished a week ago

Pumba, el jabalí, tiene una cara chistosa en la película, pero en lo silvestre lo gracioso de los jabalíes está en cómo caminan, no en sus rostros”. Por eso, explicó, tuvieron que encontrar una forma de preservar el espíritu de los personajes sin darle expresiones antropomórficas a los animales.

https://www.mexico.com/la-guia/jon-favreau-el-rey-leon/?outputType=amp&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Pumba has a funny face on the animated, but in real life the funny thing about wild pigs is the way they walk. That's why we had to find a way to preserve their spirit without giving them antropomorphic expressions.

3. There's a single shot that's not animated and was planned as an easter egg

“Técnicamente hablando hicimos animación y, en medio de ella, usamos VR e hicimos live action. La película no ha adoptado el término animación porque conocemos proyectos como COCO, pero hay físicas, movimiento, render, etc. Lo dejo en sus manos que expliquen de qué se trata…

https://atomix.vg/el-director-de-el-rey-leon-estuvo-en-mexico-y-esto-fue-lo-que-dijo/

Technically speaking we did animation and in the middle of it we used VR and did live-action. Movie hasn't adopted the term 'animation' because we know animations like Coco but here we have physicals, movement, render, etc. I'll leave it up to you (Audience)...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, cannastop said:

All movies are a huge amount of work.

A blank statement. An animated movie already have more amount of work hours out in than a simple comedy movie. Not hard to understand. 

9 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Live Action Lion King probably invented a lot of new special effects techniques as well

Read the interview JF and JC did together, they discuss a lot of the finer technical details - I think I posted it in the A2 thread also. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Read the interview JF and JC did together, they discuss a lot of the finer technical details - I think I posted it in the A2 thread also. 

How come they had interviews together?

11 minutes ago, UserHN said:

How come they had interviews together?

I think because a lot of the techniques that were invented on Avatar were used on TJB and TLK. Concepts like a 'volume' and a 'load' for example are now being used far more when they were unique in '09. 

• Like 1

I’m starting to feel this COULD be something special. The way they’ve made it with real photography equipment on a virtual set really might make it feel like something we’ve never seen before. Whilst the trailers haven’t conveyed that to me, the movie could well be a revelation to experience. I just hope the emotion is there and I believe those animals are proper characters, talking and emoting in a relatable, convincing way. 

We have some thinking it won’t do as well as others think. At the same time there’s every chance it could be bigger than any of us can imagine.  IF it is an experience unlike anything anyone has ever seen then brace yourselves....

• Like 1

As Favreau said, as soon as you push it too far in the realm of facial expressions, it just looks cartooney, I think they struck a great balance on that aspect.

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

might make it feel like something we’ve never seen before.

• Like 3

Simba speaking (with mouth movement for those still hung up on it!) and Rafiki as well.

• Like 4

Hearing Gambino's voice out of a photo-realistic lion is so strange

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Biggest problem for Avatar 2. Nothing new to show us. 4k quality versus what we saw before will look better but we have already seen great effects. I expect the best ever from Avatar 2 but it won't shock like 2009 did.