Jump to content
antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Recommended Posts

Beyoncé: Are you with me lions?

Beyhive: Okay lions, now let’s get in formation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looks like a Nat Geo documentary sorry. There’s a reason why the original didn’t use real lions.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tentatek said:

Still looks like a Nat Geo documentary sorry. There’s a reason why the original didn’t use real lions.

 

 

There's a reason this one doesn't either.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I see people hype a clip of this I get hopeful as I watch it until the end, and think "that was it? I don't see it...".

Quality-wise, best case scenario at this point for me is another Alita: I keep bitching at the teasers and trailers almost to release, but love the actual movie.

 

A positive: I've gotta say that some of the color correction on the new footage I've seen is on point. So much better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tentatek said:

Still looks like a Nat Geo documentary sorry. There’s a reason why the original didn’t use real lions.

 

 

Last time I looked the lions in this movie is CGI as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wasn’t fussed on that new featurette. Felt like it confirmed all my fears. Astounding visuals, but absolutely zero character coming through at all. It doesn’t even look like they’re really talking as they look too real. 

 

Nala telling Simba to step up, just looked like a real lion with Beyoncé dubbed over like she was narrating on one of those cassette/book Disney things I had a ton of as a kid. 

 

Might be way off when I see it in context, but I remain unconvinced. 

  • Like 3
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The lions aren't expressive they said

 

The lions show no emotion they said.

 

They can kiss my ass 😛

I’m not seeing it! Wish I was but I’m not. There’s a chasm of a disconnect to my eyes. 

 

We’ll see opening day. I’m going in with middling expectations but glad some are liking what they’re seeing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks so amazing. The perfect amount of emotions (to just show their characters) and realism (not too much expressions to look creepy).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

I really wasn’t fussed on that new featurette. Felt like it confirmed all my fears. Astounding visuals, but absolutely zero character coming through at all. It doesn’t even look like they’re really talking as they look too real. 

 

Nala telling Simba to step up, just looked like a real lion with Beyoncé dubbed over like she was narrating on one of those cassette/book Disney things I had a ton of as a kid. 

 

Might be way off when I see it in context, but I remain unconvinced. 

Nala is queen, her serene expression is justified. It suits pretty well, another other expression will be creepy. But did you not see young Simba with all these expressions & character? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

I’m not seeing it! Wish I was but I’m not. There’s a chasm of a disconnect to my eyes. 

 

We’ll see opening day. I’m going in with middling expectations but glad some are liking what they’re seeing. 

I feel like people are too harsh on this remake. The new clip looks amazing (to me at least). But people will always find something wrong with it. Did people do this with the Jungle book? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EndGame said:

I feel like people are too harsh on this remake. The new clip looks amazing (to me at least). But people will always find something wrong with it. Did people do this with the Jungle book? 

Yes.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes.

 

 

I always thought the clip where they talked in cave in trailer was a bit weird but then the movie really impressed me. I think it's difficult to really sell such movies when you are not immersed in the world so you believe in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, EndGame said:

I feel like people are too harsh on this remake. The new clip looks amazing (to me at least). But people will always find something wrong with it. Did people do this with the Jungle book? 

I keep reiterating that I’m rooting for the film. I might feel differently when I see it all in context. 

Yet Jungle Book comparisons aren’t relevant I don’t think as that movie had the animals highly stylised to suit the animation. Especially the main ones. Baloo looked real enough, but he wasn’t quite a real looking bear. He still could be expressive and do all the things a bear wouldn’t do. Yet the key to Jungle Book was you had a real human as the protagonist. That kid you could relate to and his performance sold the ‘reality’ of it all. Lion King has none of that and looks like they’ve gone for the super real. 

 

We’ll see. I’ll say nothing more until I see it. I can only comment on my feelings from what I’ve seen, but I can’t over-emphasise how much I want it to be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I keep reiterating that I’m rooting for the film. I might feel differently when I see it all in context. 

Yet Jungle Book comparisons aren’t relevant I don’t think as that movie had the animals highly stylised to suit the animation. Especially the main ones. Baloo looked real enough, but he wasn’t quite a real looking bear. He still could be expressive and do all the things a bear wouldn’t do. Yet the key to Jungle Book was you had a real human as the protagonist. That kid you could relate to and his performance sold the ‘reality’ of it all. Lion King has none of that and looks like they’ve gone for the super real. 

 

We’ll see. I’ll say nothing more until I see it. I can only comment on my feelings from what I’ve seen, but I can’t over-emphasise how much I want it to be great. 

Idk it’s just to me these visuals looks so amazing & incredible it’s almost like revolutionary (to me), but I still see so many people so dissatisfied with it, it got me actually to start questioning the world I live in.        I’m just rooting for it too, and I think they already did an amazing job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I keep reiterating that I’m rooting for the film. I might feel differently when I see it all in context. 

Yet Jungle Book comparisons aren’t relevant I don’t think as that movie had the animals highly stylised to suit the animation. Especially the main ones. Baloo looked real enough, but he wasn’t quite a real looking bear. He still could be expressive and do all the things a bear wouldn’t do. Yet the key to Jungle Book was you had a real human as the protagonist. That kid you could relate to and his performance sold the ‘reality’ of it all. Lion King has none of that and looks like they’ve gone for the super real. 

 

We’ll see. I’ll say nothing more until I see it. I can only comment on my feelings from what I’ve seen, but I can’t over-emphasise how much I want it to be great. 

Like I've said in a previous comment, I'll take this Favreau version of TLK over the cringe-inducing hair-raising uber emotional animals of Andy Serkis's Mowgli. Are you expecting that kind of CGI for TLK? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Like I've said in a previous comment, I'll take this Favreau version of TLK over the cringe-inducing hair-raising uber emotional animals of Andy Serkis's Mowgli. Are you expecting that kind of CGI for TLK? 

That kind of CGI to me... was horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

That kind of CGI to me... was horrible.

Yeah. That would be the proper adjective for the CGI end result of all those animals in Mowgli. Horrible looking facial expressions. I don't want that kind of emotions in TLK animals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.