antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Beyoncé: Are you with me lions?

Beyhive: Okay lions, now let’s get in formation.

Still looks like a Nat Geo documentary sorry. There’s a reason why the original didn’t use real lions.

• Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

21 minutes ago, Tentatek said:

Still looks like a Nat Geo documentary sorry. There’s a reason why the original didn’t use real lions.

There's a reason this one doesn't either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every time I see people hype a clip of this I get hopeful as I watch it until the end, and think "that was it? I don't see it...".

Quality-wise, best case scenario at this point for me is another Alita: I keep bitching at the teasers and trailers almost to release, but love the actual movie.

A positive: I've gotta say that some of the color correction on the new footage I've seen is on point. So much better!

1 hour ago, Tentatek said:

Last time I looked the lions in this movie is CGI as well

I really wasn’t fussed on that new featurette. Felt like it confirmed all my fears. Astounding visuals, but absolutely zero character coming through at all. It doesn’t even look like they’re really talking as they look too real. 

Nala telling Simba to step up, just looked like a real lion with Beyoncé dubbed over like she was narrating on one of those cassette/book Disney things I had a ton of as a kid. 

Might be way off when I see it in context, but I remain unconvinced. 

• Like 3
  • Not Cool 1

16 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The lions aren't expressive they said

The lions show no emotion they said.

They can kiss my ass 😛

I’m not seeing it! Wish I was but I’m not. There’s a chasm of a disconnect to my eyes. 

We’ll see opening day. I’m going in with middling expectations but glad some are liking what they’re seeing. 

This looks so amazing. The perfect amount of emotions (to just show their characters) and realism (not too much expressions to look creepy).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

I really wasn’t fussed on that new featurette. Felt like it confirmed all my fears. Astounding visuals, but absolutely zero character coming through at all. It doesn’t even look like they’re really talking as they look too real. 

Nala telling Simba to step up, just looked like a real lion with Beyoncé dubbed over like she was narrating on one of those cassette/book Disney things I had a ton of as a kid. 

Might be way off when I see it in context, but I remain unconvinced. 

Nala is queen, her serene expression is justified. It suits pretty well, another other expression will be creepy. But did you not see young Simba with all these expressions & character? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

I’m not seeing it! Wish I was but I’m not. There’s a chasm of a disconnect to my eyes. 

We’ll see opening day. I’m going in with middling expectations but glad some are liking what they’re seeing. 

I feel like people are too harsh on this remake. The new clip looks amazing (to me at least). But people will always find something wrong with it. Did people do this with the Jungle book? 

28 minutes ago, EndGame said:

I feel like people are too harsh on this remake. The new clip looks amazing (to me at least). But people will always find something wrong with it. Did people do this with the Jungle book? 

Yes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes.

I always thought the clip where they talked in cave in trailer was a bit weird but then the movie really impressed me. I think it's difficult to really sell such movies when you are not immersed in the world so you believe in it.

39 minutes ago, EndGame said:

I keep reiterating that I’m rooting for the film. I might feel differently when I see it all in context. 

Yet Jungle Book comparisons aren’t relevant I don’t think as that movie had the animals highly stylised to suit the animation. Especially the main ones. Baloo looked real enough, but he wasn’t quite a real looking bear. He still could be expressive and do all the things a bear wouldn’t do. Yet the key to Jungle Book was you had a real human as the protagonist. That kid you could relate to and his performance sold the ‘reality’ of it all. Lion King has none of that and looks like they’ve gone for the super real. 

We’ll see. I’ll say nothing more until I see it. I can only comment on my feelings from what I’ve seen, but I can’t over-emphasise how much I want it to be great. 

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I keep reiterating that I’m rooting for the film. I might feel differently when I see it all in context. 

Yet Jungle Book comparisons aren’t relevant I don’t think as that movie had the animals highly stylised to suit the animation. Especially the main ones. Baloo looked real enough, but he wasn’t quite a real looking bear. He still could be expressive and do all the things a bear wouldn’t do. Yet the key to Jungle Book was you had a real human as the protagonist. That kid you could relate to and his performance sold the ‘reality’ of it all. Lion King has none of that and looks like they’ve gone for the super real. 

We’ll see. I’ll say nothing more until I see it. I can only comment on my feelings from what I’ve seen, but I can’t over-emphasise how much I want it to be great. 

Idk it’s just to me these visuals looks so amazing & incredible it’s almost like revolutionary (to me), but I still see so many people so dissatisfied with it, it got me actually to start questioning the world I live in.        I’m just rooting for it too, and I think they already did an amazing job.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Like I've said in a previous comment, I'll take this Favreau version of TLK over the cringe-inducing hair-raising uber emotional animals of Andy Serkis's Mowgli. Are you expecting that kind of CGI for TLK? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Like I've said in a previous comment, I'll take this Favreau version of TLK over the cringe-inducing hair-raising uber emotional animals of Andy Serkis's Mowgli. Are you expecting that kind of CGI for TLK? 

That kind of CGI to me... was horrible.

11 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

That kind of CGI to me... was horrible.

Yeah. That would be the proper adjective for the CGI end result of all those animals in Mowgli. Horrible looking facial expressions. I don't want that kind of emotions in TLK animals.

• Like 1