antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

3 minutes ago, scabab said:

But if I hadn't watched them then you'd be whining about that instead. 

No i woundt. I personally cant stand romance movies and im free to feel about them that way even if i saw only like 10 of them in my life to this day. I just know i dont enjoy them so i dont watch them.

Crazy, right?

5 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I personally cant stand romance movies.

Ditto, romantic movies are yuck. I have like very few of romantic movies, exceptions if you can say, and dislike almost all of them even if they are classics or whatever.

• Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, Brainbug said:

No i woundt. I personally cant stand romance movies and im free to feel about them that way even if i saw only like 10 of them in my life to this day. I just know i dont enjoy them so i dont watch them.

Crazy, right?

But I never said I couldn't stand superhero movies, I already said the two Avengers movies as well as the new Spider-Man and The Dark Knight were good movies.

Doesn't mean they don't have a number of flaws and most of them are the exact same children's movie over and over. For every Deadpool you get like five Guardians of the Galaxy 2's.

Geez first kids don't like The Lion King 2019, now Elton John doesn't like it.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, cannastop said:

Geez first kids don't like The Lion King 2019, now Elton John doesn't like it.

The fact the film made as much as it did given so many demographics were unsatisfied with it is proof of what a lot of us were saying about just how gigantic The Lion King is. I do think it pretty well reached its potential overseas - in fact, given the reactions and reviews I'm pleasantly surprised it did as well as it did overseas! - but I firmly believe it could have added at least another $150M to $200M domestic to its cume if it hit all the right notes.

• Like 3

This was a very whatever movie really...

It added nothing different and at times the film never reached the original at key moments.

Elton John is correct. The music absolutely sucked in comparison to the original. Be prepared was better and maybe one or two others. The rest sucked big time. Beyonce's song was crap (and I'm a stan of hers btw).

It's what made the movie mediocre. 

Saw it two days ago. Despite agreeing that some songs were off and that Glover and Queen Bey voices were off especially how good the cube voices were, this film is a technological marvel. The effects on this thing are absolutely insane, and while I obviously prefer the original, I kinda think that a whole new generation of kids will grow up with this film as "their" Lion King, and that's okay. Rogen as Pumbaa was great.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, cdsacken said:

Elton John is correct. The music absolutely sucked in comparison to the original. Be prepared was better and maybe one or two others. The rest sucked big time. Beyonce's song was crap (and I'm a stan of hers btw).

It's what made the movie mediocre. 

Be prepared was awful in the new movie. The original was a classic (my favorite song from the original) 

• Like 2

Just now, jaybox said:

Be prepared was awful in the new movie. The original was a classic (my favorite song from the original) 

Wow really? It's supposed to be dark not silly like in the movie. I loved scar in the movie. Felt so real.

On the other hand, Beyoncé‘s The Gift was really good, maybe the best thing thing that came out from the whole LK hype. It fits the themes of the movie so well, it is really rare these days that I don’t skip the interludes.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, jaybox said:

To be fair, the new one COULD ahve been great IF it had all been like the end. The last 10 seconds or so of the song were sung, and sung INCREDIBLY well which gave the song a menacing feel. Apparently they didn't have Be Prepared sung much because his actor didn't like to sing or something, in which case why hire him for the role?

Watched the original movie this evening. Pretty hard to believe that the new one finished below $550m domestic. $190m opening in July with a family audience should have led to a $600+ million gross. And honestly, the original is so damn good...the remake should/could have gone north of $700 million. It's surprising that they were not able to stick the landing on this one for stronger WOM. But Disney laughs all the way to the bank regardless of what the number is. 

Huge congratulations to Beyonce on her  3 Grammy nominations today for her song Spirit and the album / soundtrack The Gift for The Lion King and her concert film Homecoming. Also congratulations to Hans Zimmer on his Grammy nomination for best score. It's crazy how B just keeps slaying her haters. Can't wait to hear her perform Spirit at the Oscars. I'm pretty sure it will be nominated for best song of the year

Edited by Curtis1986

1 hour ago, Curtis1986 said:

Huge congratulations to Beyonce on her  3 Grammy nominations today for her song Spirit and the album / soundtrack The Gift for The Lion King and her concert film Homecoming. Also congratulations to Hans Zimmer on his Grammy nomination for best score. It's crazy how B just keeps slaying her haters. Can't wait to hear her perform Spirit at the Oscars. I'm pretty sure it will be nominated for best song of the year

I still think the song is a bit bland, just imagine if Bigger was pushed as THE song from the album/movie, the Oscar would already have been in her bag.