antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

The movie looks absolutely gorgeous and the CGI looks great. Probably better than Jungle Book. 

I would have preferred a full trailer rather than a small teaser like we got. 

I could've done without the voiceover at the beginning of the teaser as I wanted the amazing visuals to 'do the talking', but apart from that it was a very satisfying trailer.
That poster, however, is gorgeous. It's so simple but I get goosebumps looking at it.

Have you noticed the number of non-Disney tentpoles is significnalty lower next year.

Other studios won't even try to fight Disney s roster in 2019, it s way too scary.

• Like 1

It's now been half an hour since the Youtube video dropped, it'll take time for the views of that to catch up, but at the moment I'm seeing 1M+ on twitter and 1M+ on facebook, meaning we have a rough 100M in 24 hours from those 2 alone... AND it has only just started...

Already shattering records and it ain't stopping yet

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Yep I was right, Avatar's box office record is going down. And on it's 10 year anniversary too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Meh. Maybe it’s because I find the animated version kind of overrated but I’m not too interested.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

Yep I was right, Avatar's box office record is going down. And on it's 10 year anniversary too. 

poor jimbo

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

but simba's not even a detective. he doesn't even have a little hat.

although in a sense i guess simba does solve his father's murder. does that make him a detective? need takes on this. my predictions rely on it.

• Not Cool 1

Just now, Alli said:

poor jimbo

I hope he's watching this trailer lying down. 

Yeah, I couldn’t be less interested in this, and the animated one is legit in my top 5 all time films. Live action just isn’t suited as well to something like this.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, I couldn’t be less interested in this, and the animated one is legit in my top 5 all time films. Live action just isn’t suited as well to something like this.

Does it even qualify as a live action film? 

I think Disney is releasing this, Dumbo and Aladdin way to close to each other. One of them should move. (Either this or Aladdin) IMO.

First impression: 

Lion King will be very big. But won't be the biggest movie of next summer by any metric.

• Like 1