antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

Be on the lookout tomorrow morning....

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Lion King trailer TWO days before the Star Wars IX teaser drops? Hmmm.....not sure about that. I figured we'd get a LK full trailer for EG, but I assumed it would drop about a week after the SW9 teaser dropped.

If they aren't 100% sure what it is, I'm guessing it's for Maleficent 2. That needs a teaser and it's a good enough throwaway before SW9's on Friday. You don't want LK and SW9 to get in the way of each other.

Edited by jedijake

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Be on the lookout tomorrow morning....

Wasn't this debunked?

3 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

Wasn't this debunked?

Idk, haven't looked into it any further than that tweet. Could have been?

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Idk, haven't looked into it any further than that tweet. Could have been?

Think so looks like it isn't happening 

• Like 1

If there is no trailer tomorrow, it's not big deal. It'll be out before Endgame's release week I'm sure. On a side note though, from Skyler @ TheDisInsider.....

9 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If there is no trailer tomorrow, it's not big deal. It'll be out before Endgame's release week I'm sure. On a side note though, from Skyler @ TheDisInsider.....

Didn’t the British Film Institute also say that they will no longer fund films where the bad guys have facial scars? 

Well, at the very least, I guess Scar will look less like a rip-off of Claw/Bubu from Kimba the White Lion (I know I’ve mentioned that before, but this will be the last time, I swear). 

Like I said, I can see them dropping a Maleficent 2 teaser and someone got info on a new Disney trailer and got excited. People will forget the Mal2 teaser within a few hours anyway.

But LK's trailer will certainly be out either late next week or early the week after. Give the SW9 teaser time to breathe. 

• Like 1

Eighteen hundred thousand billion dollars.

• Like 1

Looks like a 1:1 copy with zero charm. Hard pass. 

• Like 5

I know it's 'photorealism' and the African Savannah but I can't deal with all the brown and grey. Really hope there's another color on the spectrum in this film eventually.

• Like 1

Many people put their blood, sweat and tears into this film, including some people I went to film school with.

It's fine if you're not interested but to see some people online already passing it off as a cheap cash-grab remake is quite unfortunate. Sure, it's a business - but come on.

As for the trailer, WHEW! I'm so excited! TLK was one of my FAVORITE animations growing up as a child. I'm able to detach myself from that however, and simply just enjoy this as another adaption/take on a wonderful material! Should be fun!

• Like 8
  • ...wtf 1

Well, this was expected i guess, and i'm there on OW.

Yeah I think because the majority of the characters in The Lion King are um.....lions the realistic animal designs are more a negative in this film than The Jungle Book where the main characters are all different species. Scar for instance looks like they sucked all the colour off of him from the animated movie. 

I'm guessing they still have work to do on the mouthing from the animals. They hardly showed any vocalization. Just a tiny bit from Scar.

15 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Not impressed actually. Absolutely no facial emotion on the animals.

This along with how blatant some of them are copy paste is why I dislike these Disney remakes. You can’t recreate the same energy that you can in animation.

• Like 3