antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This along with how blatant some of them are copy paste is why I dislike these Disney remakes. You can’t recreate the same energy that you can in animation.

Yeah I think I was ok with it in The Jungle Book because I have no real attachment to the original cartoon but The Lion King is one of the most beloved animated films of all time and this film is basically asking you to compare its scenes to the animated ones which so far you can tell what is lacking in the live action version. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

Many people put their blood, sweat and tears into this film, including some people I went to film school with.

It's fine if you're not interested but to see some people online already passing it off as a cheap cash-grab remake is quite unfortunate. Sure, it's a business - but come on.

As for the trailer, WHEW! I'm so excited! TLK was one of my FAVORITE animations growing up as a child. I'm able to detach myself from that however, and simply just enjoy this as another adaption/take on a wonderful material! Should be fun!

They got paid either way, hopefully.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah I think I was ok with it in The Jungle Book because I have no real attachment to the original cartoon but The Lion King is one of the most beloved animated films of all time and this film is basically asking you to compare its scenes to the animated ones which so far you can tell what is lacking in the live action version. 

That and it sort of preaches “Hey you can watch the same film you loved as a child and it’s now okay and grown up since it’s live action”.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Forget Thanos and company. The Lion King is your Summer 2019 domestic champ. Families are going to flock to this film like no other this summer, especially if the parents saw the original during their childhood in the 90s. $700M+ dom is definitely possible here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Not Cool 2

If it wasn't Lion King and any other movie this would have been awesome. 

But, so realism on Lion King is 😔😔😔😔

• Like 1

Right now looking like a CGI Disney nature doc. Still optimistic on how they upgrade the animal's mouthing and facial expressions. 

People need to stop assuming this is going to be as awful as BATB just because it is a "shot-by-shot remake"; BATB was not awful because of that...it was awful because it was directed by a hack and because it starred an untalented actress who cannot sing or act to save her life. This has a much better director at the helm and the voice cast comprises actors who can actually act.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Also Chiwetel Ejiofor can't hold a candle to Jeremy Irons. 

No offense to JEJ, but his voice sounds super off in this. :lol: 

23 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Yep.

This is gonna kill everything.

Sorry, Thanos.

Buh-bye, Kylo Ren.

This is 2019's box office king.

Oh my god you could have said "Ta-ta, Thanos, Kick Rocks, Kylo Ren."

32 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

People need to stop assuming this is going to be as awful as BATB just because it is a "shot-by-shot remake"; BATB was not awful because of that...it was awful because it was directed by a hack and because it starred an untalented actress who cannot sing or act to save her life. This has a much better director at the helm and the voice cast comprises actors who can actually act.

BATB was awful as it was a combination of all three.

• Not Cool 1