antovolk

THE LION KING | WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | July 19 2019 | Jon Favreau Photorealistic CGI Remake | Soulless Cash Grab to end all Soulless Cash Grabs

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh, shut it. 😠

You don’t think i know exactly what’s gonna happen if it DOES get trashed?

What? I don't understand. Stop rambling.

This are the criticism, lack of color, lack of emotion in animation.

Everyone knows this will be big box office wise, doesn't have anything to do with criticism. Stop being a fanatic.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Honestly I expect TLK to review slightly better than Beauty and the Beast but I'm not expecting complete raves.

While the Jungle Book did get excellent reviews, I think 3 years of more 'live action' remakes has probably had critics questioning about the value added element of these films. The CG is fantastic here, but you can't help but miss some of the vivid colors and expressions that the animated film provided but is missing here.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

TBH, we didn't get to see that many animals speak. just Scar and Musafa and briefly. hard to judge expressions yet. kittens are adorable beyond belief, too bad they grow up.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Premium George said:

What? I don't understand. Stop rambling.

This are the criticism, lack of color, lack of emotion in animation.

Everyone knows this will be big box office wise, doesn't have anything to do with criticism. Stop being a fanatic.

”Stop”, ”stop” ”stop”. Yeah...no wonder why still keep arguing with you is just being my waste of time. And don’t say i didn’t warn you if it gets beloved.

”Stop”....Uurgh, what a weak word.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Not Cool 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The MCU already remaked this last year.

Not funny and slightly racist but with Jennifer Lawrence as your bio pic, not surprising.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

”Stop”, ”stop” ”stop”. Yeah...no wonder why still keep arguing with you is just being my waste of time. And don’t say i didn’t warn you if it gets beloved.

didn’t you enter this thread by telling people to stop having opinions towards a movie that you disagreed with?

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

Not funny and slightly racist but with Jennifer Lawrence as your bio pic, not surprising.... 

The Futurist is just...The Futurist. Super MCU stan, super critical of non-blockbuister films, super anti-social justice and always very...white.

But that is just...well, Futurist.

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

If it gets beloved, so what? Unlike you, I am not crazy to fixate my life on a movie. Still not answering to criticism. I am sorry about your life.

The good thing about a movie like this is that dubbed versions will look very original, the voices won't overlap much with the lip movements.

Expect insane numbers in international markets.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Premium George said:

If it gets beloved, so what? Unlike you, I am not crazy to fixate my life on a movie. Still not answering to criticism. I am sorry about your life.

Yeah, whatever. Not worth my time. Guess you guys think i have such shit taste & shit defense, huh? The dumbass (me) with no legit tastes that makes sense to you, right? 😒

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Not Cool 1

i'm not the audience for this but I never understood Soul/Soulless meme. Animals looks cute af, don't think this is empty at all. yes, it resembles a documentary but what else to expect from a movie about wild animals w/o human characters? 

Posted (edited)

I didn't like it, it's another animation version  with 3d animation and not traditional animation . The same lion king but with a lack of imagination and a more basic visual scenario. What is "live" in this?.

And where are the singing parts? Too cringe for the trailer? 

Edited by maxalcamo

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, whatever. Not worth my time. Guess you guys think i have such shit taste & shit defense, huh?

No as no one has shit taste. Just different opinions. There’s film with high critical and audience reception I love and some I don’t, same with negative reviewed ones. 

However, you shouldn’t dismiss other who have reason to criticize just because you are excited. I hate most of the Disney remakes for many reasons but understand why people love them and I’m okay with that. 

• Like 1

To be fair, in February people complained about the Genie's look in Aladdin. That was 3 months before release. A month later, it looked MUCH better.

Samee with TLK. They've probably had this footage for a while and have been still working on the mouth movements and (hopefully) facial expressions. If the animals are completely digital (as we know they are) then they can do amazing things. 

But ironically, nobody complained about this issue with Jungle Book.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

To be fair, in February people complained about the Genie's look in Aladdin. That was 3 months before release. A month later, it looked MUCH better.

Samee with TLK. They've probably had this footage for a while and have been still working on the mouth movements and (hopefully) facial expressions. If the animals are completely digital (as we know they are) then they can do amazing things. 

But ironically, nobody complained about this issue with Jungle Book.

It’s more of because as another person said, not much people were invested with the original Jungle Book and the animals selected allowed the realism to mesh well.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

No as no one has shit taste. Just different opinions. There’s film with high critical and audience reception I love and some I don’t, same with negative reviewed ones. 

However, you shouldn’t dismiss other who have reason to criticize just because you are excited. I hate most of the Disney remakes for many reasons but understand why people love them and I’m okay with that. 

Yeah, you’re right. Fair enough. Though i feel like trying to genuinely put out my serious opinion for a movie i’ve seen, is hard when there might be others that are either not believing them or laughing at them. If i want to express my feelings towards a movie...then i really shouldn’t be laughed at.

I tried to warn people about everything you re currenlty talking about months ago by the way but people were busy discussing if this was gonna make 2 or 3 billies.

This movie was always gonna be a difficult adaptation.

So was Scar born with his scar, or was it nominative determinism?