Only reading the thread I noticed the first trailer for Season 3 was released on May 2019. That was 10 months before the premiere, next March 13. Not even event films are starting promotion this early anymore.

I really hope we see a shift in the writing formula this year. They can't go with another confusing structure where things only make sense at the finale. Mr. Robot also tried to repeat the trick on Season 2 and also turned off a lot of people, but then went for a linear narrative on Season 3 and it was great again (at least in my opinion).

TV series can only do this for one season, because they get us intrigued, but once we start to understand its universe at the end of the first season, it gets annoying when they scramble things up again. That's my theory for why the second seasons of Mr. Robot and Westworld started at the peak of the shows' hype and ended up with no one caring anymore.

Figure I'll bump this to see if anyone else is watching. 

Despite a shaky season 3, Westworld is still one of my favourite shows on TV.

This new season is off to a good start. Right amount of intrigue, still looks stunning and Djawadi continues too knock it out of the park. Fingers crossed it holds. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cassy0110 said:

I stopped to watch WWW on the 1st season, is it worth to continue? 

The first season is perfection. You can feel Joy and Nolan spent years thinking about the construction of it, everything is so thoughtful.

It's kind of diminishing returns from there, even with big gaps to work on it between seasons it's never as tight or surprising as that first season.

Personally I thought season 2 was fantastic and as good a follow up season you could expect. It also might have the two best episodes in the entire show. 

Season 3 feels rushed and the ideas aren't fleshed out enough. It feels like they got their episode count cut at the last minute. The production is still great but this is the weakest season and the writing is noticeably sloppier.

Season 4 was a big improvement on 3, it loses it's way towards the end but I was happy with it overall.

What's good about Westworld is the seasons are pretty self enclosed plot wise. So you can get off the ride at the end of any season and most of the goals that season will be wrapped up. 

Edited by FilmFincher