Spidey Freak

Professor Marston & The Wonder Women | Moved Up to Oct 13 2017 | Sony produced Biopic on Wonder Woman creator | Luke Evans, Rebecca Hall, Bella Heathcote

For the real history of Marston and Wonder Woman's creation read the book called "The Secret History of Wonder Woman" by Jill Lepore. I finished the book a few days ago and it was very interesting!

WB even invited the author of the book Jill to talk about WW's history in the bonus features of the BvS Bluray/DVDs, which were great by the way. I've rewatched those extras that talk about WW way more than the actual BvS movie.

4 hours ago, Frozen said:

Odd because their Wikipedia articles pretty much match with the story told. They were a threesome couple. 

I think she meant everything else, including the specifics of the relationship(s). Bella Heathcote, who plays Olive Byrne, admitted herself in an interview that the Olive Byrne she did research on seemed nothing like the character in the movie. The director then told her to dissociate from her research and just focus on the film's take. The director did mention a couple of times that she was adding a lot of fictional elements to the story. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, Spidey Freak said:

I think she meant everything else, including the specifics of the relationship(s). Bella Heathcote, who plays Olive Byrne, admitted herself in an interview that the Olive Byrne she did research on seemed nothing like the character in the movie. The director then told her to dissociate from her research and just focus on the film's take. The director did mention a couple of times that she was adding a lot of fictional elements to the story. 

Which sort of dampens my enthusiasm for this film. I know you have to take dramatic liberties with history to tell a story, but there is a difference between taking liberties and adding a lot purely fictional crap. And the killer is most of the time, what actually happened is more interesting then what the crap the writers came up with.

But I given Heathcote credit for doing her homework. Amazing how many actors how play actual people don't bother to research them.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1