MCKillswitch123

#UnpopularOpinions: Movies you think will overperform vs. movies you think will underperform given general expectations

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What I've said in other threads are completely unrelated to the points at hand, you've ignored every point I've said in here.

As for Star Wars, I've never downplayed episodes 1-6, you're putting words in my mouth. I don't particulaly know what you mean when you say I downplay star wars box office, I don't

I just say the TFA was terrible and predicted R1 to make under 450m dom which was reasonable at the time, my current prediction is about ~500m.

You're claiming Cameron is the greatest blockbuster filmmaker in the world and that Avatar will make more than 3B WW.  Do you not know how ridiculous those claims are?

As far as my knowledge, I don't think you've made one post that isn't anti-TFA/RO, or pro-Cameron, or something like that.  just lighten up and actually talk a bit about other things besides Avatar.

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You're claiming Cameron is the greatest blockbuster filmmaker in the world and that Avatar will make more than 3B WW.  Do you not know how ridiculous those claims are?

As far as my knowledge, I don't think you've made one post that isn't anti-TFA/RO, or pro-Cameron, or something like that.  just lighten up and actually talk a bit about other things besides Avatar.

These claims are in no way ridiculous, I don't understand how they could be. @Grand Moff Tele @Christmas Baumer  Let's get some of the wise ones in here to tell me if I'm being ridiculous in these two claims. I'm not asking if you believe them to be true, but if it's ridiculous to believe them to be true.

1) Cameron #1 blockbuster director, only Spielberg in contention.

2) Avatar 2 $3b WW

There are easily arguments to be made for both these points!

Also if you fancy it wise ones, what do you think of this point.

3) Cameron got caught lightning in a bottle twice (titanic and avatar)

As for your second part, I understand my posting is very pro Cameron and negative against TFA and sometimes R1. What I find the most interesting about the Box Office is Cameron and his legacy, it's obviously credit to SWS that I saw it as the single threat.

Edited by IronJimbo

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I honestly didn't see that, was that added in just now :ph34r:. I was just talking about Avatar $3b, I didn't even want to bring up star wars.

It kinda was recent, yeah, but you could've still have seen it sooner. Just don't want the thread to degenerate into blood spurs between fandoms, so keep it cool, guys.

• Like 1

So I got to the post where avatar 2 was compared to the creation of the nuclear bomb. So I stopped reading.

Anyways, Lego Batman sub 250M

Guardians over 400M

Grinch 2018 over 300M (I know it's far away but whatever)

EmojiMovie over 150M

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So I got to the post where avatar 2 was compared to the creation of the nuclear bomb. So I stopped reading.

Guardians over 400M

EmojiMovie over 150M

lighten up friend, besides I was stealing a line from the man himself. 23 seconds in.

SORRY MCkillswitch, I'll leave now!

56 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Guardians over 400M

EmojiMovie over 150M

I think The Grinch will be successful but not $300m successful since it'll plummet once Christmas is over, thinking Lorax numbers for that, it'll probably not do great OS as Dr Seuss rarely does well OS

i think Wonder Woman if reviews are good will crack $300m domestically,

• Like 1

Unpopular opinions (well, based on what seems to be popular here at BOT):

• I think Why Him? will actually become a hit (and will outgross Passengers ).
  • I think Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will be outgrossed by Thor 3
  • Beauty and the Beast will be successful, but will not be the gigantic smash that is predicted.
  • Avatar 2 will actually outgross Avatar. This opinion is only shared among what, 3 people here? Therefore, it is not a popular opinion... However, it will be so because it will come out in 2030, and inflation will ensure that it makes more money than Avatar.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Unpopular opinions (well, based on what seems to be popular here at BOT):

• I think Why Him? will actually become a hit (and will outgross Passengers ).
  • I think Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will be outgrossed by Thor 3
  • Beauty and the Beast will be successful, but will not be the gigantic smash that is predicted.
  • Avatar 2 will actually outgross Avatar. This opinion is only shared among what, 3 people here? Therefore, it is not a popular opinion... However, it will be so because it will come out in 2030, and inflation will ensure that it makes more money than Avatar.

Avatar 2 before 2020 and over 3 bil

50 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

So what if @IronJimbo Thanks James Cameron is the greatest director ever? We all have our opinions it's not like James Cameron makes financially unsuccessful movies.

I do think that he is the greatest of all time but it was the "greatest blockbuster director" which was called a ridiculous thought!