CJohn

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum | 17 MAY 2019 | 15th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

29 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Agreed. John Wick (2014) was a cult favourite among action fans but Chapter 2 really elevated the franchise a lot i think and over the last 2 years theres surely a lot of people who joined the appreciation for these movies. I see a 55-60M OW.

Yeah, I am fully thinking this can do $60+, but anything above 50m is a win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Yep. I also think that John Wick wont affect any of the other May movies and vice versa. As a R-Rated-actioner that skews heavily to males and certain more niche moviegoers its perfect counterprogramming to the family movies like Pika and Aladdin, but also to the epic ass blockbusters Endgame and Godzilla.

8 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Out of curiosity, is this the heart talking or from the looking over data from sources deep within MTC Industrial Complex?

• Like 2

I just hope they find a way to keep in The Impossible Dream.  Since that is mine: a movie with all its big action sequences set to Broadway showtunes.  (Seriously: BEST choice of song for the trailer.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

John Wick 3's fandango numbers have been really good for an R-rated flick, even with Endgame around. It's been doubling what Equalizer 2 saw when it was a week closer to release.

Wick 3: 262, 313, 420

Equalizer 2: 128, 118, 230

Tbf, the Equalizer 2 wasn't expected to open nearly as well as it did, must have outperformed by 10m at least, so pre-sales must not have been too great.

14 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Tbf, the Equalizer 2 wasn't expected to open nearly as well as it did, must have outperformed by 10m at least, so pre-sales must not have been too great.

That's possible, but it seems it was doing noticeably better than Skyscraper in that regard, so I think it may have been a collective underestimation of Denzel's popularity. And (I was guilty of this) thinking the mediocre reviews for the first translated to audiences.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

First negative reaction:

Never forget.

• Like 3