CJohn

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum | 17 MAY 2019 | 15th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

what does blacklisted mean?

Blacklisting is the action of a group or authority, compiling a blacklist (or black list) of people, countries or other entities to be avoided or distrusted as not being acceptable to those making the list. A blacklist can list people to be discriminated against, refused employment, or censored. See Mel Gibson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Finally watched the first two films, they play out like video games plot, pace and acting wise. But the fight choreography is great. So are some of the backgrounds in the second film. 

Yeah, Scott Mendelson even called the third one (based on the trailers) "the 'most' video game movie this side of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle." It's interesting that Jumanji and the Wick movies capture the spirit of video games better than most video-game movies themselves.

I wish this came out later in the summer though. It's a shame that my three most-anticipated movies come out within three weeks of each other.

22 minutes ago, Perfundle said:

Yeah, Scott Mendelson even called the third one (based on the trailers) "the 'most' video game movie this side of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle." It's interesting that Jumanji and the Wick movies capture the spirit of video games better than most video-game movies themselves.

I wish this came out later in the summer though. It's a shame that my three most-anticipated movies come out within three weeks of each other.

They literally made Jumanji a video game for the second movie.

I thought of the first Taken movie in that fashion as well.

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

Weird, can't find his post about it.

The final part of his article: "As for John Wick: Chapter 3, the social media embargo drops tonight while the review embargo drops closer to release. Right now, the presumption is that it’ll open about on par with John Wick: Chapter 2’s $30 million launch, although something closer to $40 million wouldn’t shock me."

• Like 2

Just now, Deep Wang said:

L.O.L. at anyone that thinks this is opening under $50m.

Agreed. John Wick (2014) was a cult favourite among action fans but Chapter 2 really elevated the franchise a lot i think and over the last 2 years theres surely a lot of people who joined the appreciation for these movies. I see a 55-60M OW.

• Like 1