CJohn

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum | 17 MAY 2019 | 15th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

49 minutes ago, cax16 said:

What could be controversial in a John Wick flick?

I hope they don't come

Spoiler

and say Winston ( the hotel manager ) is Wick's father, and that's why he keeps helping him and giving him chances. In fact, I've seen many people saying the same thing. 

6 hours ago, cax16 said:

"but that won't stop me from going back for the inevitable John Wick: Chapter 4."

Is it bad that my knee jerk reaction to this bit was:

23_4_11_riversong_spoilers.gif

(yes, yes, plenty of ways there could be misdirection in this tweet)

((But it WAS almost my first reaction :lol:))

• Like 2

Wick 1 was 87 | 6.94/10 (Top: 74 | 6.05/10)

Wick 2 was 89 | 7.30/10 (Top: 80 | 6.82/10)

Am I wrong in thinking this might clip into the very low 90s with these sort of reactions?

Even if not, it does seem pretty likely for a high 80s again, no?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Wick 1 was 87 | 6.94/10 (Top: 74 | 6.05/10)

Wick 2 was 89 | 7.30/10 (Top: 80 | 6.82/10)

Am I wrong in thinking this might clip into the very low 90s with these sort of reactions?

Even if not, it does seem pretty likely for a high 80s again, no?

I'm guessing 90 for this one. I'm not sure if there will be that many critics that didn't like the first two liking this one, although it does depend on which critics review it; it did pick up 50 critics from the first to the second movie. Pretty stoked for it regardless.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

"but that won't stop me from going back for the inevitable John Wick: Chapter 4."

Is it bad that my knee jerk reaction to this bit was:

23_4_11_riversong_spoilers.gif

(yes, yes, plenty of ways there could be misdirection in this tweet)

((But it WAS almost my first reaction :lol:))

I definitely assumed this was a Bourne Ultimatum type of deal where it would be at least intended as conclusion. Trilogies are solid structures for a reason, I hope they don't turn this into a neverending story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Maybe Avengers or DP has a hold on them. Does it have 4DX?

Wick is getting 4DX along with Dolby AMC for sure. There's a few locations I've seen (like at Universal Studios) that are selling IMAX tickets for it, but beyond that nothing yet. For what it's worth, I don't see any IMAX showings for Endgame beyond early Thursday afternoon on May 16, so I think they're taking a wait-and-see approach to whether they want to have Wick 3 on all IMAX screens or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Wick is getting 4DX along with Dolby AMC for sure. There's a few locations I've seen (like at Universal Studios) that are selling IMAX tickets for it, but beyond that nothing yet. For what it's worth, I don't see any IMAX showings for Endgame beyond early Thursday afternoon on May 16, so I think they're taking a wait-and-see approach to whether they want to have Wick 3 on all IMAX screens or not.

Makes sense, I imagine it'd be a tough decision whether to keep Endgame for another week or have John Wick in those screens.

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think Avengers will still keep major chunk of Imax but will start to lose PLF from next thursday when Pikachu opens. Should not have any Imax or PLF once aladdin opens.

Pikachu isn't in IMAX domestically but it is OS. I would think they will split Endgame's IMAX with John Wick then both lose it to Aladdin a week later.

Always good to watch a pure action film in the company of fellow adults who grew up on this stuff. It seems like an annual get together for a rare celebration. Opening day as tradition. Last year was Mission: Impossible. John Wick takes front and center for 2019.

Edited by ThePhasmid

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Cant wait for this f*cking movie. As long as it has some more insane pencil fight scenes I will be happy.

Pencil and Dogs combo and this is instant 10/10