CJohn

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum | 17 MAY 2019 | 15th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I really dig the confidence, but I think August would be a better bet for this. Like it has been said, this release date brings the risk of letting it get lost in the shuffle (like Alien: Covenant to a certain degree).

Covenant fell apart because the GA didn't really like it. John Wick 3 has the advantage of being the only non family franchise in May and the only regular action movie. It can be really good counterprogramming with the bigger May hits like IW2 and Aladdin. If things go well it has for $100M.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Covenant fell apart because the GA didn't really like it. John Wick 3 has the advantage of being the only non family franchise in May and the only regular action movie. It can be really good counterprogramming with the bigger May hits like IW2 and Aladdin. If things go well it has for $100M.

Good points (though I am aware of the big picture why Covenant collapsed, I just said "to a certain degree" as the change from August to May did it zero favors). I'm just concerned for it as, at the end of the day, it's still a bit of an underdog franchise trying to branch out more and more, and going against these big juggernauts like Avengers and Aladdin is risky.

• Like 2

The director says that the budget is not going to be out of control nor will they be blowing up any bridges or anything crazy.  Everything will stay intimate and smaller scale....which is the way it should be imo.

http://collider.com/john-wick-3-release-date/#images

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Scoop: Chad Stahelski set to return to direct, Common, Laurence Fishburne and Ruby Rose to return, and Hiroyuki Sanada to be Wick's new nemesis, with Tilda Swinton being eyed by Keanu for a part.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/01/exclusive-john-wick-3-details-director-new-characters-start-date-and-more/

The Ruby Rose return doesn't entirely ring true to me. I thought she ultimately died because unlike Common whom John Wick let live be telling him not to pull the blade out, Wick pulled the blade out of her after stabbing her in the same spot he did Common.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

He died, he clearly slumps to lifeless death at the end of the scene after Wick walks out. And it was strapped through his heart. This isn't Kingsman. 

Coincidentally, I literally just finished re-watching JW2. It was left fairly ambiguous IMO. He smirks at Wick and then the train drives away after Wick tells him that if he takes out the knife he'll bleed out. Made it pretty clear that he didn't take out the knife.

He does the same kill-move to Ruby Rose later on except he takes the knife out that time. Then they focus on her looking lifeless for a few seconds.

Easiest solution; Ruby had a twin the whole time and she's, like, pretty mad cause Wick killed her sister. Or fully commit and make them quadruplets or something so you can have John Wick vs 3 Ruby Rose's.

I'd prefer she didn't come back at all because she was probably one of the weaker aspects of JW2, but maybe they can have some fun with it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I am sorry but in JW2, the Common/Neo gunfight among the tube crowd was just plain silly even if those movies are obviously  not aiming at some kind of realism.

Realism?  LOL.  There's no realism in fights.  Have you ever been in a fight?  I have and they don't last for 15 minutes.  They are usually over in 30 seconds.

John Wick is not based in realism, it's a fantasy, just like most movies.

• Like 3