CJohn

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum | 17 MAY 2019 | 15th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

52 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Fandango Sales Past 16 Hours
Since: 2019-05-12 16:00:00 (US/Central - Chicago)

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	29.718%	9477	Avengers Endgame (2019)
2	20.599%	6569	Pokémon Detective Pikachu
3	10.931%	3486	John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum
4	04.064%	1296	The Hustle (2019)
5	03.478%	1109	Dark Phoenix
6	03.283%	1047	Avengers Endgame  (2019)

xJse4Qy.png

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

No way does this go under 55 million on OW. Very good chance it passes 60.

I am not sure of that, but it will probably follow the pattern of the Wick films and have a much bigger Ow then it predecessor.

Not bad for a franchise whose first film was meant primarily to poke fun at the Jason Borne type paranoia thrillers by taking it to it's logical extremes.

• Like 1

The only review any of us care about:

May 13, 2019
A rip-roaring (and visually beautiful) action movie that plays like a terrific video game come to life while also dealing with the whole "Why should we care if John survives?" question.
Full Review | Original Score: 7/10

Currently 98 RT (8.1/10) [45 up, 1 down]

====

The reviews do pretty much all strike a common cord:  It's a violent, near cartoon-like R-rated action film.  But it is a fantastically made violent, near cartoon-like R-rated action film.

Even the folks giving it 3/4 stars are talking about how well made it is.

Thinking it might settle in now at the mid 90s, as I know that there will be some folks who just do not like this type of movie.  But I doubt it's getting below 90 now.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Too bad The Furious gang got the idea first.

Keanu as the villain in Mission 7 & 8 would have been for the books.

Wick/Neo vs Ethan Hunt !

Stunts are incredible but lacks that Fast imagination. Thought it would would take us to places more bizarre and fun. Halle Berry everything is flat dud level. Just can't make the stunts feel anything but flat. Ugh. Reeves is Reeves. Kills it. All the choreography is great... Especially early. 

Literally... Seriously, there's no writer. So the stunts are everything. It's why I'm being a little harsh.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Disbelief 1

Everything Berry just didn't work for me. Especially watching her try to pull the choreography against all the others. They kill it. She's a dud. Her pups are great though. 

Almost shocking they didn't speed up the frames more for her. Doesn't belong.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

Loved it. Its action operates as a salute (and an inviting challenge) to some of the best international action cinema this decade while ratcheting up all the elements that I thought were great in Wick 2. I know some people did not enjoy the mythologizing in Chapter 2, and some of it is layered on pretty thick in the middle section here, what makes it palatable is just how comic the world is. The creators know it, and create an opera of the macabre whose highlights include

Spoiler

one of the primary antagonists being a John Wick super fanboy and acting accordingly.

I can't wait to see how the series continues to evolve both on the big screen, in the TV show, and the videogame.

Also, seriously, see this on the biggest screen you can. The cinematography and the sound design is the best I've experienced this year.

• Like 2