CJohn

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum | 17 MAY 2019 | 15th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

24 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

The original had a good trailer with a simple and somewhat silly premise. The action scenes presented in the trailer coupled with Keanu's "Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back." was a nice tip of the hat to fans who grew up with his 90's action cinema. Turns out the film was not only littered with excellent action, but had a nice little world tucked beneath all of that bravado. The second expanded that world of assassins with interesting little footnotes. Pop culture latched onto it, and now we have multiple games, comics, and a TV show. Arguably, the most internationally beloved original action character since...Rambo (despite being loosely translated from First Blood). Obviously, this is a better trilogy than Rambo. So, it's never really been a cult thing.

Which show?

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

The John Wick trilogy is probably the most impressive career comeback for an actor ever

Its certainly up there. Though i think Robert Downey Jrs. Comeback with Iron Man is also noteworthy.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Its certainly up there. Though i think Robert Downey Jrs. Comeback with Iron Man is also noteworthy.

Yeah this. Travolta in the '90s too even if he flushed it all away pretty quickly.

Keanu Reeves definitely did not go anywhere and John Wick is not a career revival. Keanu Reeves has said in many interviews that he has more money than he will ever be able to spend and that he makes movies that he wants to make. He doesn't look for studio films he just looks for films that interest him. So between the last Matrix and John Wick I think he was just living life and doing whatever the fuck he wanted to do.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Keanu Reeves definitely did not go anywhere and John Wick is not a career revival. Keanu Reeves has said in many interviews that he has more money than he will ever be able to spend and that he makes movies that he wants to make. He doesn't look for studio films he just looks for films that interest him. So between the last Matrix and John Wick I think he was just living life and doing whatever the fuck he wanted to do.

I believe it. I have never heard nicer things about a person in Hollywood. From cast interviews, extras and staff, and from just fans. He's ridiculously awesome. I'm thrilled JW3 is such a success critically. 

• Like 5

Love love love the world building in part 2. Hope they instill some realism and have it be more grounded (like really, everyone in NYC is an assassin?). Looking forward to the latest installment out of this surprise franchise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lilmac said:

Love love love the world building in part 2. Hope they instill some realism and have it be more grounded (like really, everyone in NYC is an assassin?). Looking forward to the latest installment out of this surprise franchise. 

:winomg:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, lilmac said:

NYC is the center of everything and has a metro population of 20.35 million, and in the films houses the headquarters of the organization. Surely you understand why there are so many assassins in NYC in the films?