Blankments

The Bye Bye Man | Stacy Title | January 13, 2017

10 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Last year for  change had quite a lot of well reviewed horror films

this.

I certainly am not 'rooting against this', I hope all film crews and cast get success.  But I hadn't seen anything on this movie when I saw the trailer, and was literally thinking how awful it was and how much it would be torn apart here 'when it was going to be coming out', when they flashed the release date on the screen - for a week later. 

Double Toasted played a part of this clip in their review. It's hilariously stupid. I'm putting it under a spoiler tag so no one is tempted to think it or say it. :ph34r: (Also plot spoilers, in case anyone cares.) 

Spoiler
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Apparently, once someone knows the Bye Bye Man's name, he's going to kill them. The only way they can be saved is if someone else kills them before BBM does. Hence the guy with the shotgun who is "driven" to kill his wife because he told her. WTF? :blink:

20 hours ago, franfar said:

Horror usually gets bad reviews year round. 

Nah, it used to be true few years ago, but things has changed a lot, there's a lot of great directors putting amazing stuff out there, especially in the Indie area. Last year was the best year for the genre, when comes to well received movies.

16 hours ago, Talkie said:

Double Toasted played a part of this clip in their review. It's hilariously stupid. I'm putting it under a spoiler tag so no one is tempted to think it or say it. :ph34r: (Also plot spoilers, in case anyone cares.) 

Reveal hidden contents

Wat . . . wat. . .

7 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I tried to go see this last night but the audience was so loud and rowdy that they shut the Screening down and the police had to be called. Worst theatre going experience ever.

Man, that blows. People are morons.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Wat . . . wat. . .

Yeah. That sounds like the worst MO/plot device of any horror movie monster. Now I'm gonna have to see it, like Chernobyl Diaries, just to find out if it's as lame as it seems. 

20 hours ago, baumer said:

When critics are masturbating over terrible horror like Babadook...you can never EVER trust their opinion on horror.

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I hated Babadook, The Witch and It Follows. 

Weird, I know.

I would rate each one a 1/5.

Boring, try-hard, scare-free duds.

I watched The Babadook and It Follows because critics and people on social media said they were great, especially TB. Both of them were slow and poorly-written/directed. While I understand that these things are cheaply produced, there is no reason why the filmmakers couldn't have made them more truly suspenseful and scary. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, baumer said:

When critics are masturbating over terrible horror like Babadook...you can never EVER trust their opinion on horror.

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I hated Babadook, The Witch and It Follows. 

Weird, I know.

I would rate each one a 1/5.

Boring, try-hard, scare-free duds.

42 minutes ago, Talkie said:

I watched The Babadook and It Follows because critics and people on social media said they were great, especially TB. Both of them were slow and poorly-written/directed. While I understand that these things are cheaply produced, there is no reason why the filmmakers couldn't have made them more truly suspenseful and scary. 

Bye Bye Man

tumblr_o12szlRLyf1rqe0rbo1_540.gif

• Like 1