Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM

On 10/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, Morieris said:

Same here. I like the 2005 one so much, an origin story of Chalamet playing with THAT manic energy? Yes.

And I hated the Depp version with his back story which has nothing to with the Wonka of the novel. For all  it's flaws, the Gene Wilder versoin is closer to the tone of the book.

So Village Roadshow thought they had rights to co-finance this film as they thought it was a prequel to the Depp movie BUT Warner, in an e-mail from WB to Village Roadshow and published by Puck, explain that the film is "it's own new thing" - with a slight variation on the backstory of the Oompa Loompa's - thus invalidating Village Roadshows right to participate

In Wonka…Willy picks cocoa beans owned by the Oompa Loompa tribe without knowing of the Oompa Loompas’ existence, believing the beans are free for the picking. A particular Oompa Loompa whose job is to guard the beans is asleep on the job. He is subsequently compelled by his tribe to stalk Willy and steal back enough chocolate such that the theft is compensated a thousand‐fold. In contrast, in Charlie, Willy does not meet the Oompa Loompas until after his factory is already established. Willy is traveling the world in search of exotic flavors/ingredients when he happens upon the Oompa Loompas. The Oompa Loompas crave cocoa beans to make their slimy green food taste better. Willy strikes a deal with the Oompa Loompa Chief to employ them in his factory in exchange for payment in beans. In addition to these narrative differences, in Wonka the Oompa Loompas will also be depicted very differently than they were in Charlie.

https://puck.news/inside-the-matrix-lawsuit/

• Astonished 1

53 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Doesn´t looks very promising on paper but it´s from the same people who made Paddington so i think this have a good chance of being great, especially with such a good cast

Same. Paddington 2 was an absolute gem so I'm all in for this.

• Like 2

Christmas seems like a great time to release a family-friendly musical fantasy with plenty of wintry scenes (and with Paul King behind the camera, I'm assuming that Wonka will be super charming and delightful).

The only issue with a Christmas 2023 release date for Wonka I can see is that if, by some miracle, Universal manages to actually get Wicked in front of cameras by summer 2022, then Christmas 2023 would be a very logical release window for that movie (and between Wicked and Wonka, well, it's not really much of a theoretical competition).

• Like 3

If this film is a success it will turn Timothee into the biggest young movie star probably. However I can already predict people complaining about his over-exposure. Luckily men don't get hurt by that as much as women lol. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ban1o said:

If this film is a success it will turn Timothee into the biggest young movie star probably. However I can already predict people complaining about his over-exposure. Luckily men don't get hurt by that as much as women lol. 

Anybody who talks smack about any overexposure will have to deal with me 🥊 

36 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Anybody who talks smack about any overexposure will have to deal with me 🥊 

I've already seen it with him. Heck Iv'e seen Tom Holland who is like only in the Spider-man films lol.

Honestly I often hear about how the death of the mid budget theatrical movies is due to the death of movie stars or boxoffice draws, but then people complaining about the “same people cast in everything (which isn’t even true)” or just calling the rising movie stars overrated constantly. When JLaw was at her height she got so much hate from people and had to go into hiding. 

I saw people legit mad or making fun of the fans who only wanted to see Dune for Zendaya because "they should care about the film itself" or "they shouldn't see a movie for a celeb." Like do people not know that for a long time movie stars were the reason a lot of people went to see movies?  It's like they only want franchise films to be made 🤣 . 

Omg I've gone on such a tangent, I could go on about this but this isn't the appropriate thread lmao. 

Edited by ban1o

Tim's face is rivaled by few young film stars through history. Brad Pitt, Warren Beatty, Josh Hartnett, Henry Cavill...people who were considered more "beautiful" than "handsome". Cheek bones and jawline.

Edited by excel1