CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Estimates: Madea - 27.6M; JR 2 - 23M; Ouija 2 - 14M; Accountant - 14m; Joneses - 5.6M

http://deadline.com/2016/10/weekend-box-office-jack-reacher-tom-cruise-keeping-up-with-the-joneses-ouija-madea-tyler-perry-1201840348/

Paramount/Skydance’s Jack Reacher: Never Look Back or Lionsgate’s Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea HalloweenOff of midday matinees, both are looking at an estimated $8 million Friday with both on course for a $21M-$22M weekend.

Universal/Blumhouse/Platinum Dunes/Hasbro’s Ouija: Origin Of Evil is the cheapest of the four wide releases at an estimated cost of $9M, and it’s looking at $5.5M-$6M for today and $14M for the weekend

Then there’s 20th Century Fox’s Keeping Up With The Joneses who rival sources tell us looks a lot like Masterminds in its ticket sales, meaning a $6.5M weekend, possibly $7M, with $2M-$2.5M for today. 

• Like 1

Paramount is reporting $1.325M at 2,850 for its Tom Cruise sequel Jack Reacher: Never Look Back last night. That preview figure is slightly above the $1.1M that Cruise’s Oblivion made from midnight shows, and under the $1.8M posted by Edge of Tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Maybe, but this is a sequel so there could be some frontloading

Movie skews really old though, I don't think the effect will be too much.

Just need this to beat Madea

Not bad for Reacher. Once you include its $60 million budget, and it's so-so word of mouth it's ok. A $23-$25 million could happen. To be honest Ouija:Origin Of Evil is a prequel and people were turned off because of the first film's bad word of mouth. So if it holds like it's fresh tomato score and people like it, a $15 million start could be in effect. Madea, well a start could be around A Madea Christmas. Jonesses is doomed from the start.

Just now, Alli said:

:angry:

Sorry, it's nothing against Madea so much as I've correctly predicted the first place film each weekend for over half a year in another game and my streak is at stake as I went with Reacher in the end (narrowly)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Not bad for Reacher. Once you include its $60 million budget, and it's so-so word of mouth it's ok. A $23-$25 million could happen. To be honest Ouija:Origin Of Evil is a prequel and people were turned off because of the first film's bad word of mouth. So if it holds like it's fresh tomato score and people like it, a $15 million start could be in effect. Madea, well a start could be around A Madea Christmas. Jonesses is doomed from the start.

No way.

WOM is BAD.