baumer

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)

Grade it  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Ok first of all i never expected JR:NGB to be a different flick when compared to first one this movie had its own share of violence which is usually associated with JR character but there was lag here and there which wasnt ther in first part loved it alot!! 

Apart from that i liked it a lot. Solid movie. Entertaining. Surprising. 

Cruise nailed it he was at his best asusual! He put on weight for this flick oly drawback associated with cruise....felt cobie was trying to act during some dramatic/serious scenes she has to improve in these kind of roles!! Others were adequate 

Surprising element is lighter side of reacher character is shown in this movie!! 

A- 

• Like 2

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back doesn't understand what makes the first film work. The mystery is gone, replaced with poorly edited action. The schlocky fun intrigue of the title character is replaced with a dumb father-complex subplot. It feels like a TNT pilot movie that inexplicably stars Tom Cruise. Smulders is fine in her role, but the film tries to convince the audience it's not sexist, and then has Tom Cruise solve everything in an incredibly contradictory way. It's forgettable, but unlike other similar movies this year, it'll at least entertain. Jack Reacher: Never Go Back is a generic action movie in a year with far too many of those. Yawn. D+

• Like 3

Jack Reacher is one of the worst movies I've seen.

Inexplicable how bad this was. 

A TV movie starring Tom Cruise, and outdated on arrival. 

This feels like it belongs in the late 90s, early 00s low-budget ripoffs of more popular movies. 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2016 at 10:53 PM, Blankments said:

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back doesn't understand what makes the first film work. The mystery is gone, replaced with poorly edited action. The schlocky fun intrigue of the title character is replaced with a dumb father-complex subplot. It feels like a TNT pilot movie that inexplicably stars Tom Cruise. Smulders is fine in her role, but the film tries to convince the audience it's not sexist, and then has Tom Cruise solve everything in an incredibly contradictory way. It's forgettable, but unlike other similar movies this year, it'll at least entertain. Jack Reacher: Never Go Back is a generic action movie in a year with far too many of those. Yawn. D+

Thats the reason why it bombed in China Yawwwn maybe not chinese type of action

• Like 1

I love Tom Cruise more than anyone but damn Jack Reacher 2 might be his worst movie. Sucks because the first is great and so is Ed Zwick

Henry Jackman didn't even write a score I swear he just handed them temp music he made for other films. What a massive downgrade in every single aspect. 

D+

• Like 2

On 10/23/2016 at 3:34 PM, John Rambo said:

Ok first of all i never expected JR:NGB to be a different flick when compared to first one this movie had its own share of violence which is usually associated with JR character but there was lag here and there which wasnt ther in first part loved it alot!! 

Apart from that i liked it a lot. Solid movie. Entertaining. Surprising. 

Cruise nailed it he was at his best asusual! He put on weight for this flick oly drawback associated with cruise....felt cobie was trying to act during some dramatic/serious scenes she has to improve in these kind of roles!! Others were adequate 

Surprising element is lighter side of reacher character is shown in this movie!! 

A- 

Ok i was drunk. On repeat viewing i felt its avg at its best nothing more nothing less :D First one was great it had perfect cast and was more of a action thriller. This ones lame at times. I retrospected this one and it deserves what it actually deserved at BO. 

• Like 1

I recall enjoying this when I saw it in the cinema on release, but just rewatched it on TV. And its pretty crap. I can only echo the above posts which say it's like a network TV show. Ed Zwick is a really talented filmmaker and i've no idea how he made a Tom Cruise film so lifeless and boring.

D