Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

Fancyarcher

Mortal Engines | December 14, 2018 | Universal

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

12/14/18

I don't think it will be that front-loaded. Also that overseas take is a bit small

Ill show myself out

• Like 3

I read these books several years ago. Didn't like them. Main character is a psychopath and get progressively worse in sequels. They kill off the only likable character in the first book, realize their mistake and create a character just like that one in sequels. Even though there's very unconvincing reason why this new characters would take after the one that was killed. 

I can see why they want to make movies - it's an interesting universe and would make for striking SFX extravaganza. But they really need to fix the characters.

• Like 1

I would've been more interested in this movie if it was directed by Peter Jackson, but the premise is interesting enough, and I'm sure I'll like it.

But I guess this means the Han Solo movie will stay on the Memorial Day release date.

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

Hmm... wiki says "youth fiction". I dunno.... :mellow:

Still, i'm keeping an eye on it.

Romance is as bad as you can expect and conclusion is really ridiculous. I guess this will be re-written a lot. 

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

A very bold release date. I want this to do well but with AVATAR II opening a week after this one is suicidal.

Maybe it'll be a situation like Passengers and Rogue One where both films will (most likely) do well.  Not to mention, Holmes and Avatar both succeeded.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a legit good movie directed by an ex-VFX supervisor. 

I thought you liked Deadpool?

:kitschjob:

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I thought you liked Deadpool?

:kitschjob:

Keyword here is ex.

Spoiler

As in.......

Spoiler

X

Spoiler

GON

Spoiler

GIVE

Spoiler

IT

Spoiler

TO

Spoiler

YA

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I would've been more interested in this movie if it was directed by Peter Jackson, but the premise is interesting enough, and I'm sure I'll like it.

But I guess this means the Han Solo movie will stay on the Memorial Day release date.

I suspect with Avatar 2 in December, Disney wasn't going to risk putting it there plus they already have Mary Poppins Returns on Christmas Day. 

I imagine Episode XIII will be December 2019 but all other spin-offs will alternate between December and May. I am surprised Disney didn't opt for Indiana Jones to go to Memorial Day but I imagine Mulan will move there.

9 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a legit good movie directed by an ex-VFX supervisor. 

Well, if anyone wants to see if he's a legit good director with potential, rent this movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5861630/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2) and skip to his short, entitled "Feeder."  That's his only directorial effort so far.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

James Cameron & Peter Jackson were/are VFX supervisors, from a certain point of view.

• Like 2