kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

I would say around $520-560M OS

As we have seen in past years....some Marvel threequels have hit the highest gross OS-wise in their respective franchises.

Spiderman 3 = $554M OS

Captain America: Civil War = $745M OS

Iron Man 3 = $805M OS

So I will not be surprised if Thor: Ragnarok ends up being the biggest grosser in the Thor-franchise.

I dont see too much of an increase from the last Thor. Even if this one is better than the last one (and its looking like it is) it would still have the disadvantage of a very weak ER, something which the last movie enjoyed. 

The last one did 440. I see this doing around 450 OS. 

The Dark World opened in mostly the same territories during its first weekend overseas and did $109.4 million according to Mojo's article that weekend.  I'm thinking Ragnarok does in the $100m neighborhood, better in local currencies but close to the same amount in dollars.

Dark World

Nov 3:   109.4

Nov 10: 240.9

Nov 17: 332.8

Nov 24: 381.0

Dec 1:   404.0

Total: 438.2

Thor 3 is opening in few more markets than Thor 2 but not in germany. I guess Italy and few other markets would make up for Germany. But by next weekend its opening everywhere and so it needs to be ahead of Thor 2 by that time by big amount. Thor 2 had quite a few markets that opened post that weekend and here its going all in as Justice League is opening couple of weeks later and then SW8 ahead 3 weeks after that will be way bigger than Hobbit in 2013. 

This is a hard one to predict. Korea PS is showing signs that its going to increase but we need some signs of WOM before predicting where its going to end up. I will stick with around Thor 2 OS for now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Thor 3 is opening in few more markets than Thor 2 but not in germany. I guess Italy and few other markets would make up for Germany. But by next weekend its opening everywhere and so it needs to be ahead of Thor 2 by that time by big amount. Thor 2 had quite a few markets that opened post that weekend and here its going all in as Justice League is opening couple of weeks later and then SW8 ahead 3 weeks after that will be way bigger than Hobbit in 2013. 

This is a hard one to predict. Korea PS is showing signs that its going to increase but we need some signs of WOM before predicting where its going to end up. I will stick with around Thor 2 OS for now. 

Asia is probably its only hope to really grow in USD. Latin America will do far more than in 2013 in local currencies but the ER is so terrible in this region compared with 2013 that doing more than Thor 2 in USD is not a certainty.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Thor 2 only had a few medium sized countries (Japan, Italy, India, Argentina) where it made about 27-28m total. So i wouldn't be concerned if Thor 3 is only ahead of Thor 2 by that amount by next weekend. 

As for its OS gross I agree with you that it may land somewhere around Thor 2's OS gross. The ER is weaker now than in 2013 which will affect its dollar gross but market growth plus China (Thor 2 did only 55 in china, this one should do atleast 80-90) will help offset that. 

• Like 1