kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thor 2 only had a few medium sized countries (Japan, Italy, India, Argentina) where it made about 27-28m total. So i wouldn't be concerned if Thor 3 is only ahead of Thor 2 by that amount by next weekend. 

As for its OS gross I agree with you that it may land somewhere around Thor 2's OS gross. The ER is weaker now than in 2013 which will affect its dollar gross but market growth plus China (Thor 2 did only 55 in china, this one should do atleast 80-90) will help offset that. 

Honestly I hope for at least $100m in China given the size of this market. I know CBM movies aren't the most popular movies but many of them go beyond this threshold so $100m isn't too much to ask!

14 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thor 2 only had a few medium sized countries (Japan, Italy, India, Argentina) where it made about 27-28m total. So i wouldn't be concerned if Thor 3 is only ahead of Thor 2 by that amount by next weekend. 

As for its OS gross I agree with you that it may land somewhere around Thor 2's OS gross. The ER is weaker now than in 2013 which will affect its dollar gross but market growth plus China (Thor 2 did only 55 in china, this one should do atleast 80-90) will help offset that. 

you are right. Asia is key to make up for weak ER in latin american markets. Venezuela is worthless while Mexico, Argentina and Brazil ER's have dropped quite a bit since Thor 2. This weekend would provide the potential of Asia increase minus China and next weekend would confirm how things will end with China opening. 

http://deadline.com/2017/10/thor-ragnarok-international-box-office-preview-hulk-marvel-disney-chris-hemsworth-1202193761/amp/

In a similar corridor in 2013, The Dark Worldopened to $79.9M in the same suite of markets and at today’s exchange rates. GOTG2 bowed in late April this year to $102.8M in like-for-like plays and at current numbers.

As for Doctor Strange, it opened to $88.1M last year at this time, again using the similar launch markets and today’s exchange.

So it should open to 80-100m internationally to be in line with the above mentioned 3 movies. All 3 above movies ended with about 440-470 so if Thor 3 wants to match that total it needs to open similarily (or perhaps a little better seeing upcoming competition m)

@keysersoze123 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Great. Let us see how things go. I still dont see how it makes 450m with 80m. Adjusted OS gross would be lower for thor 2 though Strange and Guardians 2 would be slightly better. 

Korea PS is at 238,678 and we will get OD number by this time tomorrow. 

Yeah it needs to do closer to DS/GoTG2 numbers which would be about 90-100m. 

Korea PS for DS on the day of release was 268k so Thor 3 is doing quite well matching it so far. DS did well in SK so Thor keeping pace with it is good news. Lets hope its leg are good too

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

@Olive Do you know numbers for Thor 2?

http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18668264.html

Translation by Google:

Unsurprisingly, Thor ascends the throne of the first sessions with Ragnarok. With 2,895 admissions at 14:00 in Paris, he registered between The Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2 (2,819 spectators each) and the first part of his adventures, which had gathered 2,979 people in theaters in 2011. The Taika Waiti film, however, remains far from the saga record (4,310 for the second installment) and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, still owned by Captain America: Civil War and 6,950 tickets torn last year.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How does that compare to Thor 2 and Guardians 2

Guardians 2 was kinda wack since it was released on a holiday. It made $300k on its opening night in NZ, $2M in Aus.

Dunno if there are preview numbers for Thor 2.

Edited by aabattery
  • Thanks 1

I've got out a pen and paper and I'm doing research.  Stuff work.

TDW earned AUD181,000 before opening day.  Not sure what that was from.

Note:GOTG2 should not be referenced at all as it had a very unusual opening pattern.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Thanks 1

France

OD 223,148 

opening week prediction 1.23M admissions

CBMs which had similar OW

Thor = 150 000 / 985 000 / 1 714 000

Thor 2 = 204 882 / 1 159 000 / 2 353 000

Amazing spider-man 2 = 225 381 / 1 249 000 / 2 324 000

Les gardiens de la galaxie 2 = 232 682 / 1 401 000 / 3 233 000

X-men days of future past = 248 522 / 1 223 000 / 3 298 000. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4