kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

It’s doing very well in Asian territories, which is nice since out of the Big Three, Thor didn’t really hit it big over there with the last 2 movies. 

I hope that the MCU good will would at least push Black Panther to respectable number in Asia next year.  

• Like 3

Very good hold OS. I think even with JL dropping in a few days, it’ll suffer at first in face of direct competition but then will recover nicely due to holiday season.

I’m hoping for 850M WW. 

And oh, passing TDW lifetime gross already. Nice! 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

65% chance to hit 550 overseas and 95% to top 850. I don't think it'll top Spiderman but there's a very good chance it'll best GotG. 

Edit, little too optimistic maybe, 40% chance at 550 os, 60% at 850 ww.

Oct 29: 109.09

Nov 5: 308.38 (+199.3)

Nov 12: 438.5 (+130.1)

If it falls 60-65% this coming week it gets to 485-490, then a 50% drop for the next 7 days puts it at about 510-515 on Nov 26th.

Edited by MattW

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Needs a 2.5 multi off this weekend ($113.85) which would easily happen if there wasn't a JL opening.  Could still happen though.

Gonna be counting on Dom number. The higher it can go pass the 300M mark, the better chance for 850M WW total.  

If Dom can reach 310M+, another 100M from OS off of the 75M weekend it just had doesn’t seem like a very tall order. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sam said:

Gonna be counting on Dom number. The higher it can go pass the 300M mark, the better chance for 850M WW total.  

If Dom can reach 310M+, another 100M from OS off of the 75M weekend it just had doesn’t seem like a very tall order. 

I'm expecting at least another 100m fro Dom and 15m from China which will take it to 765m WW. It will need about 85 more from OS-Ch after a 55m weekend which seems doable.  But at this point I will say 800 is locked and crossing wonder woman world wide very likely. Anything beyond that is just gravy. It's amazing that it probably would have done 900+ if not for JL

Btw it had an OS-Ch weekend drop in the range of 45% which is quite good

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

Looks to have around the same legs as Dr Strange. Maybe a tad worse due to JL.. But remember that Strange dropped 58,7% on 3rd weekend so there is a certain room for Thor Ragnarok next weekend..

Dr Strange OW was 36,6% of total. So lets say that Thors legs gets chopped next weekend around 60%. That would indicate a 37-38% of total wich brings us to around 323-331 mill.

So put me down for 325 mill total

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Looks to have around the same legs as Dr Strange. Maybe a tad worse due to JL.. But remember that Strange dropped 58,7% on 3rd weekend so there is a certain room for Thor Ragnarok next weekend..

Dr Strange OW was 36,6% of total. So lets say that Thors legs gets chopped next weekend around 60%. That would indicate a 37-38% of total wich brings us to around 323-331 mill.

So put me down for 325 mill total

I think soft drops Thanksgiving week and extended legs during Christmas and New Year holidays get Ragnarok to 335 m.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think soft drops Thanksgiving week and extended legs during Christmas and New Year holidays get Ragnarok to 335 m.

Dark World and Dr Strange both had big theater losses at christmas because of new releases so I'm not sure Ragnarok will benefit much from the holidays.  My guess is 310-320.