kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

22 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

I think Guardians of galaxy 2 is a good comparison with Ragnarok, they are similar films and have similar public, and both are sequels, if anyone has the numbers of those markets to compare we can  have an better idea of what will be the performance of Thor 3 abroad

5 minutes ago, bruchav said:

I think Guardians of galaxy 2 is a good comparison with Ragnarok, they are similar films and have similar public, and both are sequels, if anyone has the numbers of those markets to compare we can  have an better idea of what will be the performance of Thor 3 abroad

GOTG2 - 106M , with Germany and Mexico($17M combined) already opened, while THor3 had SK this time

• Thanks 1

Calm down people. Let's wait and see how it holds next weekend, how it opens in remaining OS countries, especially China, before we start throwing numbers around willy nilly. 

So far the numbers tell us that it is performing much better than Thor 2 in local currencies but due to a weak ER much of that advantage is wiped out. Still it is performing better than DS and on par with Guardians. These movies finished in the 440-470 range so I believe that is the number we are looking at. Also JL opens in 3 weeks and regardless of its performance it still is a direct competition, something which neither of the above 3 films faced. 

• Like 6