kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Thunders To $109M In Overseas Debut – International Box Office

Actuals increased by 1.5m over estimates coming in at 109.1m

Outperforming pre-weekend industry projections, Disney/Marvel’s Thor: Ragnaroksmashed onto the international scene with $109.1M in 36 material markets.

In several of those, this was the biggest October opening ever (see below), and overall Thor 3 is running 6% higher than Guardians Of The Galaxy 2, and 24% ahead of comp Doctor Strange which bowed in this corridor last year. It’s 36.5% bigger than Thor: The Dark World whose title is indicative of one of the big differences from sequel to threequel given the lighter tone of Ragnarok. 

On 189 IMAX screens in 39 markets Thor 3 nailed down a $31,500 per-screen average, on par with IMAX opening results of GOTG2.

GOTG2 finaled at $481M internationally while Doctor Strangeearned $456M offshore. All comp numbers are at current exchange rates and across like-for-like markets.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/thor-ragnarok-opening-weekend-results-blade-runner-china-coco-international-box-office-1202196942/

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

If China does its work, say 100-120m+, i dont see this missing 500m OS at all....while its not 100% locked like i said yesterday...i see it very very likely. Oh, not a fanboy of Marvel btw. I dont like half of his movies at least, just the opinion of a guy with 20 years of box office daily following...

Of course Thor Ragnarok could close with 450-500m OS if China underperforms.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, picores said:

If China does its work, say 100-120m+, i dont see this missing 500m OS at all....while its not 100% locked like i said yesterday...i see it very very likely. Oh, not a fanboy of Marvel btw. I dont like half of his movies at least, just the opinion of a guy with 20 years of box office daily following...

Of course Thor Ragnarok could close with 450-500m OS if China underperforms.

Thor is not doing 120 in China. Right now its very difficult to predict China because of so much volatility in that market in terms of PS and multi's. Right now Thor is tracking ahead of Doctor Strange in PS. DS opened to 43m and went on to gross 109 in China. Thats about 2.5 multi which is quite high for a SH.

Nowadays movies are lucky to get a 2x multi. Kingsman 2 for examples opened to 40 and will get to 70 max after a struggle. Thats a 1.75 multi despite a good rating. 

Guardians 2 managed a 2x multi but SMH managed only a 1.7 multi. 

I dont see Thor getting a multi higher than 2 and to hit 100 it would need an opening of 50 at least. For that to happen PS must pick up soon. Still anything above 55 would be gravy as that is what Thor 2 made in China. At this point I am expecting 85-95 in China

• Like 2

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Hulks Up: $164.5M Overseas, $179M WW Through Thursday – International Box Office

The Chris Hemsworth-starrer from Taika Waititi opened in Germany on Tuesday, taking advantage of local holidays and is at $4.4M to date heading into the weekend. Thursday Thor thundered into Mexico with $3M, 29% ahead of the opening day of Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 and 132% ahead of Doctor Strange‘s debut.

Overall, the god of thunder and his friend from work, the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), have seen strong holds with the All Saints Day holiday in a number of already-opened offshore markets. On Thursday, the film took in $18.4M to rep 20% of last weekend’s opening.

The movie is notably doing strong business in Asia and is seeing repeat turnstiles as word of mouth has been marvelous. The Top 10 markets through Thursday are the UK ($21.3M), Korea ($19.3M), Brazil ($13.7M), France ($11.9M), Australia ($11M), Indonesia ($7.7M), Italy ($6.4M), Taiwan ($6.3M), the Philippines ($5.6M) and Spain ($5.4M).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The movie is notably doing strong business in Asia and is seeing repeat turnstiles as word of mouth has been marvelous. The Top 10 markets through Thursday are the UK ($21.3M), Korea ($19.3M), Brazil ($13.7M), France ($11.9M), Australia ($11M), Indonesia ($7.7M), Italy ($6.4M), Taiwan ($6.3M), the Philippines ($5.6M) and Spain ($5.4M).

On 10/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, bladels said:

This is gonna play very well in Asia.

It has much better reception than SMH. Well at least in Vietnam it is

I was right :redcapes:

• Like 1

Top Hollywood Opening Days - Thor Seventh

1. Fast & Furious 7 (2015) - 12,03,00,000

2. The Avengers - Age Of Ultron (2015) - 10,96,00,000

3. The Jungle Book (2016) - 10,12,00,000

4. Fast & Furious 8 (2017) - 9,57,00,000 

5. Captain America (2016) - 8,46,00,000

6. Batman v Suoerman (2016) - 7,93,00,000

7. Thor : Ragnorak - 7,75,00,000 apprx

8. The Amazing Spiderman 2 (2014) - 7,48,00,000

9. XXX - Return Of Xander Cage (2017) - 7,21,00,000

10. The Amazing Spiderman (2012) - 6,77,00,000

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

48 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I thought @fabiopazzo2 told me this would finish under 450 mil os!!

It still can. And theres no need for name calling or singling people out. Many people have predicts that will be lower than what you expect. Are you gonna call all of them out?

Be happy it is doing well. And if you insist on doing this atleast do it via messages

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1