kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

Roma was so boring. The academy (old men) loves to hype boring films like Boyhood or Roma...

Who thinks BR can cross 900m ww?

its latest updates for the weekend in its biggest markets:

japan, still #1

spain, #3

australia, #8

korea, #5

italy #5

germany #3

france #7

uk #6

it will be close IMO but i dont think it will unless it gets best picture

Edited by TombRaider

This definitely isn't Best Picture material. But it's one of my favorites of the year. Perfect example of where audiences and critics may view movies differently, but I am totally in the same boat as audiences. I understand this movie's technical shortcomings with the writing/direction etc. But it was just so damn "good" at the same time. And I love seeing a movie of this genre doing gangbuster numbers, and a BP nomination (maybe a Malek win?) will only help its box office. 

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Bale and Cooper also deserve an Oscar, but Bale won one (supporting) and Cooper is already a huge star. So I would pleased to see "Academy Award winner Rami Malek" in some future trailer.

Cooper is definitely gonna start having an overdue narrative soon. Four acting nominations over seven years. His time will definitely be coming, most likely within the next 5 years.

Do you have any regrets about working with Bryan Singer? Did you weigh the allegations that were out there about him before signing on?

As far as I knew, I was considered before Bryan was even attached. So I had my head down preparing for this for about a year ahead of time, and I never really looked up. I didn’t know much about Bryan. I think that the allegations and things were, believe it or not, honestly something I was not aware of, and that is what it is. Who knows what happens with that … but I think somehow we found a way to persevere through everything that was thrown our way.

Perhaps that was Freddie himself doing it, because we wanted to make a product that was worthy of him. Who knows? I’m just proud that this cast and crew collectively raised their game and we depended on one another. It was a testament to everyone’s spirit and courage and skill. And one thing I will say about everyone — almost everyone — we never gave up. How about that?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-rami-malek-bohemian-rhapsody-oscar-nomination-20190122-story.html

Maybe it's only me but they keep on being dishonest about this film, i knew about Singer since his X-men days how come he didn't knew... and after that he just name drops Mercury to save the game..

Just now, Hermia said:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-rami-malek-bohemian-rhapsody-oscar-nomination-20190122-story.html

Maybe it's only me but they keep on being dishonest about this film, i knew about Singer since his X-men days how come he didn't knew... and after that he just name drops Mercury to save the game..

Yeah, this is shameless as hell. Singer's allegations were VERY public around the time Days of Future Past came out.. I remember it even affected him being able to promote the film. That said, everyone who came back for/signed on to Apocalypse should probably also be asked this question at some point because there's no way they wouldn't have known since the lawsuit dropped just as they were doing the promo tour.

8 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah, this is shameless as hell. Singer's allegations were VERY public around the time Days of Future Past came out.. I remember it even affected him being able to promote the film. That said, everyone who came back for/signed on to Apocalypse should probably also be asked this question at some point because there's no way they wouldn't have known since the lawsuit dropped just as they were doing the promo tour.

even woke Munn who put a big stink on Predator, had no problem getting a paycheck with Singer

ap2.jpg

9 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Bale and Cooper also deserve an Oscar, but Bale won one (supporting) and Cooper is already a huge star. So I would be pleased to see "Academy Award winner Rami Malek" in some future trailer.

Cooper sang, Malek did not. Cooper deserves it between the two. 

• Like 1